DeWalt Flexvolt

Janello

I'm starting this because I had some DeWalt reps stop in my work today so I can place a bulk order of tools. They bought with them some FLEXVOLT tools and I got to touchy feel them. With my bulk order they threw in 8 Flexvolt batteries so we can try them out. Currently, we don't use anything more than 20V tools but according to the rep the flexvolt batteries will provide much longer run time. Once I've had a chance to see the results first hand I will stop back here and give my feedback.

Here are some of the tools that I looked at today. Along with these were some other interesting tools in the catolog, including a flexvolt tracksaw that will run at 60v, a 12" SCMS that runs a tadem 60v set up, 60v chainsaw and a 60v 81/4 jobsite table saw with a 24" rip capacity.

The circular saw and grinder shown below both have a brake system and both tools felt great. One thing that I found particularly interesting is how light and small these batteries are. They weigh less than the 18v push in style batteries from last generation.

20160629_092207_resized.jpg20160629_094329_resized.jpg20160629_094340_resized.jpg

10 minutes ago, Mike. said:

is that how they bribe you for orders?  Dunkin Donuts and a pack of smokes :)

No, but the dwp611pk trim router with plunge base helped. ;)

10 minutes ago, Mike. said:

I recently bought a 20v weed eater and it is just as good as a gas model, just quieter. 

I have the 40v and the new catalog has the 60v Flexvolt in it !

• Like 1

I got a 36 volt Black & Decker weed whacker a couple of years ago from CPO as a refurb. Liked it so much I got a leaf blower and a hedge trimmer too. Leaf blower is quiet and lightweight. It isn't as powerful as my corded blower but so much easier to grab and go anywhere I want. All 3 tools were refurbs and cheaper than a new battery & charger would have cost. Full warranty too.

• Like 1