Simple side table

StuffiMade

Making this simple table for my four year old daughter so she has somewhere to put her bedside torch at night. Just have to round over the sharp edges on he top and the bottom of the legs, final sanding, glue up the base, attach the top to the base, and then finish with a water based poly.

I have only been doing this a few years now but its very satisfying! This is the first table top i have jointed together, Milled all the wood from rough sawn timber.

13557948_1748449242090189_1496281980769306891_n.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wtnhighlander said:

Nice job on the top! Is the table complete, or do you plan to do any further shaping, like tapering the legs, or doing an edge profile on the top?

Thanks!
Nope its go a bit more work to go, i did think about a taper on the inside corner of each leg.
As for the top, i am going to rounder over or chamfer the edges and corners.
I also recently bought myself some carving chisels so maybe a small detail in the top towards one corner, not sure on this though. Its all dry fit at  the moment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StuffiMade said:

Thanks!
Nope its go a bit more work to go, i did think about a taper on the inside corner of each leg.
As for the top, i am going to rounder over or chamfer the edges and corners.
I also recently bought myself some carving chisels so maybe a small detail in the top towards one corner, not sure on this though. Its all dry fit at  the moment.

As for the taper, unless you already have a jig and it wouldn't be too difficult, let it go on this one and consider it on the next. IMO, great as it is + the round over or chamfer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K Cooper said:

As for the taper, unless you already have a jig and it wouldn't be too difficult, let it go on this one and consider it on the next. IMO, great as it is + the round over or chamfer. 

Thanks for the advice! I don't have a jig, but i do have a few ideas for one. Maybe next time.
I will post pictures and a link to the build video on here when its finished.