Looking for Someone to Make Me Several Table Tops Near Northern Illinois

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this here. Please let me know if I've violated the rules. 

I've got a metal working shop where I specialize in metal bases for tables, desks, benches, etc. I'm moving into a larger shop and will be dedicating one of the rooms to a showroom. So basically I'm looking for a few wood tops that go along with the current trends. From my understanding, this would include reclaimed wood, live edge, etc. Also looking for insights as to what would look good as I don't really have any idea. What I will most likely end up doing is doubling the showroom as a break room, so there will be a small kitchen layout in there. So this is what I think I would like for now: A dining table top, two bench tops, maybe a counter or bar height island top, some squares for stools, one or two side/end table tops, and a coffee table top. I may end up doing one or two of these from glass instead though. If you're relatively close to me and interested in taking on the work and possibly helping me design this a little bit, let me know. Or even if you're interested in shipping the products... I am the least picky person about this kind of stuff so you wouldn't need to worry about me breathing over your shoulder the entire time. I would also be happy to put your cards or contact info out if you're interested as I occasionally have people ask me for a referral to someone to do the top for them as well. Please email me at Evan@Econwelding.com if interested. 

Thanks,

Evan

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Barron said:

The turbo plane works great, but is fairly pricy. 

On 6/30/2016 at 2:46 PM, Econdron said:

Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this here. Please let me know if I've violated the rules. 

I've got a metal working shop where I specialize in metal bases for tables, desks, benches, etc. I'm moving into a larger shop and will be dedicating one of the rooms to a showroom. So basically I'm looking for a few wood tops that go along with the current trends. From my understanding, this would include reclaimed wood, live edge, etc. Also looking for insights as to what would look good as I don't really have any idea. What I will most likely end up doing is doubling the showroom as a break room, so there will be a small kitchen layout in there. So this is what I think I would like for now: A dining table top, two bench tops, maybe a counter or bar height island top, some squares for stools, one or two side/end table tops, and a coffee table top. I may end up doing one or two of these from glass instead though. If you're relatively close to me and interested in taking on the work and possibly helping me design this a little bit, let me know. Or even if you're interested in shipping the products... I am the least picky person about this kind of stuff so you wouldn't need to worry about me breathing over your shoulder the entire time. I would also be happy to put your cards or contact info out if you're interested as I occasionally have people ask me for a referral to someone to do the top for them as well. Please email me at Evan@Econwelding.com if interested. 

Thanks,

Evan

Evan, are you still looking for someone? I realize this post is a bit old now, but if so I can give you a name or two. I'm an amateur but know some real professionals in the area that can certainly do this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

On 8/10/2016 at 4:42 PM, Isaac Gaetz said:

Evan, are you still looking for someone? I realize this post is a bit old now, but if so I can give you a name or two. I'm an amateur but know some real professionals in the area that can certainly do this for you.

Sorry for the delay, I don't log on very often. I had a few customers donate several tops to me and I put their brochures and sales flyers on the tables. I don't have a ton of people who come in looking for a complete table, but there are some. So I'm not looking to purchase any tops at this point, but if you, or you know anyone, who has some scrapped tops, or wants to do some advertising, I can make some space for it. 

• Like 1