Sawstop PCS 3 HP Cabinet Saw

midtnwoodworker

If you live around Nashville, TN there is a brand new Sawstop 3hp PCS with 36" T-glide fence for sale for $2027 on ebay. You can make an offer less than that though. This store is where I bought my PM2000 for less than $1500. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SawStop-PCS31230-TGP236-3-HP-Professional-Cabinet-Saw-Assembly-/302001342660?hash=item4650aec8c4

19 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

But.... Why is the price so low?

This store buys a lot of wholesale pallets, returns, damaged shipping boxes. The saw I got was in perfect condition. They listed it as being complete, but was missing the rails, fence, and motor cover. I priced all 3 and got the price down by the amount it was going to cost to replace them. So I ended up paying 1500 for a brand new saw with an upgraded fence. It doesn't come with a warranty, but I have never bought something brand new and needed to use the warranty.

Festool is a more customer-centric company than most.  I wouldn't compare other companies' customer service to theirs.  Also, warranties on the big machines are different.  With handheld tools like Festool, you can send them in easily for repair.  With big machines, they usually try to troubleshoot with you over the phone, send you parts and expect you to do the work yourself.  If they have to send out a representative to look at the tool, they're gonna end up either giving you a new machine altogether or tell you you're screwed.  They don't typically send out the table saw repair man and get you fixed up.  I went through this when my Grizzly jointer broke, and there just is NO ONE out there who you can call to get a machine fixed.

1 hour ago, midtnwoodworker said:

Festool is a more customer-centric company than most.  I wouldn't compare other companies' customer service to theirs.  Also, warranties on the big machines are different.  With handheld tools like Festool, you can send them in easily for repair.  With big machines, they usually try to troubleshoot with you over the phone, send you parts and expect you to do the work yourself.  If they have to send out a representative to look at the tool, they're gonna end up either giving you a new machine altogether or tell you you're screwed.  They don't typically send out the table saw repair man and get you fixed up.  I went through this when my Grizzly jointer broke, and there just is NO ONE out there who you can call to get a machine fixed.

Good points...I guess I figured the 'elite' brands like PM and sawstop probably had good service like festool (but I don't own any of either brand), so thx for filling me in. 

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Skillfusian
    Newest Member
    Skillfusian