BC leg vise seized overnight.

Has anybody had this experience? I finished the install of the leg vise last night. It was super smooth until about 2" before closing then dragged. I left it figuring I would troubleshoot it today. Now, the hand wheel is completely seized up about 1" from closed and I physically can not turn it more than an inch in either direction.  Very strange..

Yes,  brand new  glide system and criss cross retro system.

I hit it with some good penetrating oil before leaving for a BBQ. I've got a few turns out of it after but only about an inch of screws worth. 

I'm pretty disappointed at this point.  I suppose anything with that much hype is bound to disappoint. 

54 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Yes,  brand new  glide system and criss cross retro system.

I hit it with some good penetrating oil before leaving for a BBQ. I've got a few turns out of it after but only about an inch of screws worth. 

I'm pretty disappointed at this point.  I suppose anything with that much hype is bound to disappoint. 

That BC screw is a precision screw, that means twice the threads of a regular vise screw. And looks like it's not zinc or nickel plated. I guess all that means extra care has to be taken to align it properly before applying forza brutta :D

3 minutes ago, Llama said:

I have an idea.

If you loosen the bolts up holding the rear nut, are you able to get any movement? It is possible you have some binding. By loosening the nut, you can test this.

No, I backed the bolts out about a quarter of an inch first and tried. Same results.