Festool Boom Arm

midtnwoodworker

I just received the boom arm I ordered during the May/June sale. Technically I don't have a ct to attach it to yet, but I will soon enough. My wife ordered me one for my birthday I just don't know if it is the 26 or 36. It should have arrived today as well because I think she ordered the same day I did. Hopefully I don't have to wait 2 weeks to get it in the shop!

IMG_1815.JPG

IMG_1816.JPG

I have an opening in the middle of my assembly table that hopefully becomes a little garage for the vac/boom. I do agree though that it takes up a lot of space. I hate sanding and it seems like that is where I spend most of my time so just trying to make it suck as little as possible.

6 minutes ago, Pug said:

Could always build your own!?. I think some handsome and creative member of the forum posted one a while ago.

I did rig something up at one point with some electrical conduit but it looked like sh#* and didn't do a very good job. It was nowhere as good as yours. I just don't have enough time for that kind of stuff anymore. Now I'm lazy and just buy stuff. :lol:

And I know this isn't the place for this, but I performed my first turning last night. I needed a handle for my burnishing rod so I epoxied the rod into a blank and chucked it into my drill press. Used rasps and I made a carbide tool with an extra blade from my jointer. Now I am looking to get a lathe damn it. 

IMG_1817.JPG

• Like 2

Lol thanks guys. I am kind of afraid that I will get sucked in to the lathe and just be a turner. That's the only thing keeping me from getting one at this point.

Just turning gets boring, however it's an amazing tool to have and it really adds to your arsenal of things you can use it for in your regular projects.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 2