Bessey Customer Service / Warranty

I was losing faith once my third Bessey website based correspondence looking for some direction on a possible warranty issue with a UniKlamp yielded no response.  I had also tried to call in but, the line just rang forever (???). I would use the contact form and forget about it for a month, try again and forget about it for a month.  After finally achieving success I thought I would share in case anyone else is struggling.

I emailed the rather generic address of ' info@besseytools.com ' and got an almost immediate response.  Turns out there were some website issues that were supposed to be fixed and the person who responded apologized for the fact that it appeared I was being ignored and said they would send the message to the right folks. After supplying a couple of pics of the failure they sent me a new clamp.

Of the dozens of UniKlamps I have one failed by literally wearing the through-hole in the pad via friction from the screw; the pad just fell off inside the head.  I suppose it is possible that over the years this particular clamp just got grabbed more often that all the others or, more likely, the thing just wore out.  I really didn't expect a replacement as I admitted that I had used the heck out of the thing for over a decade.  Didn't matter to them; their position is that the failure should not have happened and they were happy to replace it.

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1642.JPG

Bessey Warranty Clamp.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish Jet was as accommodating ;) 

I have broken handles off 3 of their parallel clamps and not only are they uninterested in helping replace them they don't offer replacement handles for purchase either. so they sit in a corner until i can figure something out.

The magazine reviews sighting the Jet handles as breaking if dropped or struck kept me away from them for along time. The half price Christmas sales finally got me a few and I do enjoy the larger jaws (if not the weight) and am careful with them.  So far, so good.  Any chance of a piece of pipe, a roll pin and some epoxy?  A little hockey tape and you might be back in business.

Back in the old school Bessey KBody madness of 2005 and 2006 I got 4 24" clamps that the rear wasn't at 90 degrees. I sent them to Bessey and they sent back 4 24" plus 4 40" extras to pay me back for shipping to them. My shipping costs were like $25 so I came out pretty good there!

• Like 1

The Jorgensen's are also my favorite.  I checked out the clamp isle at HD yesterday, hoping to catch a good deal on Jorgenen's, since they'd no longer in business, but they were still full price.  You'd think HD would be dropping the prices to clear out stock.  

On July 21, 2016 at 4:23 PM, gee-dub said:

The magazine reviews sighting the Jet handles as breaking if dropped or struck kept me away from them for along time. The half price Christmas sales finally got me a few and I do enjoy the larger jaws (if not the weight) and am careful with them.  So far, so good.  Any chance of a piece of pipe, a roll pin and some epoxy?  A little hockey tape and you might be back in business.

Unfortunately they break right at the screw so i don't think that's an option. I think the quickest/best fix would be to drill out the pin and just turn a wood replacement I just keep hoping they will sell a handle but I guess it's time to move on. 

On 7/24/2016 at 6:45 AM, pkinneb said:

Unfortunately they break right at the screw so i don't think that's an option. I think the quickest/best fix would be to drill out the pin and just turn a wood replacement I just keep hoping they will sell a handle but I guess it's time to move on. 

On the bright side you have inspired me to be even more careful with my Jets ;-)

• Like 1

On July 24, 2016 at 5:02 AM, Dknapp34 said:

The Jorgensen's are also my favorite.  I checked out the clamp isle at HD yesterday, hoping to catch a good deal on Jorgenen's, since they'd no longer in business, but they were still full price.  You'd think HD would be dropping the prices to clear out stock.  

Yeah, no joke!  On Amazon, Jorgensen clamps are getting sold by scalpers, too... 

Look at this:

https://smile.amazon.com/JORGENSEN-Cabinet-Master-Parallel-Jorgensen/dp/B0186MNUOG/ref=sr_1_13?srs=2594480011&ie=UTF8&qid=1469913204&sr=8-13