summer time shop time

ncfowler

I don't know about many of you but, once summer rolls around my shop time falls off drastically, Just way too many things around the hose to do,  weekends finding us at the lake camping, or fishing, or just kicking back trying to stay cool, I know I need to head back to the shop soon and build stock for the upcoming crafts shows, but the idea of being in a hot shop puts a damper on it real quick, Most times I find myself in the shop early mornings or late evening after the heat of the day has subsided, I know I should put ac in the shop but I will need to run a 220 line under ground for 100ft, or buy a window unit and cut a hole in the side of the shop which I just don't feel like doing, I know, if I want ac I need to pick my choices and do it.

I'm still in the process of getting my new shop in order, but with it being a basement garage, can't believe how nice it feels in there even when it's close to 90 outside.  Just have a fan circulating the air and it feels fine to work in, my last garage was like a damn sauna, seemed to always be hotter than outside or colder than outside during the winter, will be interesting to see how the new shop is during winter.

If the NC in NCfowler stands for North Carolina, I am one of your neighbors just north of Charlotte and I totally know what you are talking about. Last few weeks it has been miserable hot and humid here, doesn't matter what time of the day it is. I put in a split mini a while back and has turned out to be a great investment. Still means you would have to dig the ditch for the 220v, but a heated/air conditioned shop is heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, chrisphr said:

If the NC in NCfowler stands for North Carolina, I am one of your neighbors just north of Charlotte and I totally know what you are talking about. Last few weeks it has been miserable hot and humid here, doesn't matter what time of the day it is. I put in a split mini a while back and has turned out to be a great investment. Still means you would have to dig the ditch for the 220v, but a heated/air conditioned shop is heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes nc stands for nc and I live in high point,

Yeah, sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do!  He stopped by this evening and dropped off some quarter sawn sycamore, for a table I'm doing for one of our friends... And tomorrow I have to go pay the piper at his warehouse, for some wood... You'd hate to be me.. AA ain't to far from his place! I always pass it when I leave!  It's a cycle I can drink to!

• Like 1

Here in middle Georgia it's usually hot in the summer. My shop is a 12' x 24' metal building but it's in the shade and I have an 18" Air King fan. It gets toasty in mid afternoon but once the sun goes down it cools off pretty quick. That's my favorite time to work in the shop. For me, air movement can be effective enough to stay comfortable without AC. But I'm a lifetime Southerner so living with heat and humidity is a way of life. Now, where's my Mint Julip?

• Like 1