Now, that's what I call firewood!

RichardA

42 minutes ago, Chet K. said:

That is a real intriguing piece.  Do you have any plans for to yet?

Not yet, I'm letting it hang around the shop for awhile!  When it's ready, it'll tell me what to do with it!  I've a guy that makes home made indian blades, and he's always looking for some unusual pieces to display his wares!  I think this might end up here. It's only 2" thick, I might be able to get a small piece from the back if I resaw.... But it'll be awhile!

1 hour ago, BeautysBeast said:

I really need to meet you and your guy Richard. I will make sure to bring a quart of homemade whiskey.

I'm pretty sure lubrication, is helpful. It's worked well for me for several years!  But he just might surprise you, he's got some shine, that makes you talk in several tongues at once!

Used to live at a place that had a lot of box elder growing on it.  Hated the beetles.  Two things I learned about box elder, besides the awesome color variations is that it can be quite soft and that it's in the maple family.  I've seen some cool bowls turned out of it but I would think it might be a little soft for a table top or something like that.