Saw Advice

prov163

I want to buy a couple of panel saws - a rip and a crosscut. I'd like to buy refurbished. I know a lot of guys talk about the older Disston D7 saws. I see them on Ebay but don't know enough to be sure I'm getting a good tool. Is there a trustworthy company/sawyer that sells refurbished, sharpened saws at reasonable prices?  I know it'll cost more than Ebay but it'll be worth it. If I use them as much as I plan to, I'll eventually buy Bad Axe or LN. 

And another rabbit hole is dug. 

7 minutes ago, James Wright said:

If you want them I have a D8 rip saw 4TPI from Atkins and a Cross cut 8TPI Diston that I would give you if you pay for shipping. Both I restored so that I can give them away. That is my hobby to restore tools and give them to people that want to use them. the Cross cut is missing the top horn but other then that I just sharpened it and it is good to go the Rip saw is in fantastic condition and I even did some resawing on White oak the other day with it. I can send you pictures if you are interested.

James, that's a very generous offer.  Please send me pics.