Urethane Bandsaw Tires

Eric.

Does anyone know of a source to buy quality urethane bandsaw tires of any size?  I need a new pair for my 17" saw but I'm having trouble locating anything other than on ebay for like 50 bucks.  I'm thinking they should be more like $30, shipped.  I don't want to buy anything from Grizzly ever again.

Carter's a great idea Rick but it looks like they don't carry my size.  I guess 17" is an oddball.  I scoured Amazon Mick but again, couldn't find 17".  I've only been able to find the trash they sell at Grizzly or overpriced ebay offerings.  I'll check out Highland.  Maybe I'll call Carter tomorrow to see if they can make a custom size....at least I trust them!

• Like 1

Highland seems to only carry Carter it seems. On Amazon they have the crappy Grizzly ones and they also have a pair from Sulphur Grove (I just ordered some 14" from them) but its listed as specifically made for some ShopFox model.

Sulfur something.  I can't remember the name.  Look for the orange ones on ebay, and a name sort of like that will come up.  Message the seller, and they can make, or probably have in stock what you need.  I have them on a Delta 14", and they work as good as any.

Urethane tires allegedly run smoother, quieter, last longer, no adhesive needed.  I'm not expecting a huge upgrade but hopefully they don't just fall off the wheels like the last ones did "because it was warm outside."  Grizzly is awesome.

For anyone who finds this thread through search in the future, I ended up buying from these guys...

http://polytechdesign.com/

They weren't cheap - 48 beans - but they were the only place I could find who made custom sizes and had a great reputation.  Apparently 17" saws aren't as common as I thought they were.  They shipped the same day I ordered them.

If I don't update this thread ever again you can assume they work as expected.  If I remember I'll try to review them after I use them for a while.

1 minute ago, RichardA said:

Glad you found them!

By the way Rick, I did call Carter but they didn't have the size and they don't make custom tires.  They would have been my first choice to purchase from though, just based on reputation.  They make killer bearings so I'm sure their tires are top-notch too.

• Like 1