Epoxy Paint?

Immortan D

I am not sure how you can get epoxy paint from an aerosol can. The epoxy paint I used commercially was two part and mixed into a bucket. Super thin coats still maintained adhesion and toughness under load (forklift traffic) and at thin coats covered lots of footage. It is impervious to moisture penetration etc. like other epoxy products. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Shaffer said:

I am not sure how you can get epoxy paint from an aerosol can. The epoxy paint I used commercially, it was two part and mixed into a bucket. Super thin coats still maintained adhesion and toughness under load (forklift traffic) and at thin coats covered lots of footage. It is impervious to moisture penetration etc. like other epoxy products. 

I was wondering the same thing, since all epoxy products I've ever seen have two parts that require mixing. Unless the can has two deposits inside and they get mixed together while spraying. I was unable to read the tiny instructions printed on the can.

Interesting article. I've used Rustoleum products since the late 80s - Hard Hat Black was one rattle can product I used a lot - so I expect it to do what it says on the tin (so to speak). Not sure how it mixes the hardener though as my only contact with epoxy paint is two part floor paint.