Band Saw Extension Table

Pwk5017

I have a 20" laguna band saw, and while the size and cut capacity are great, the table is not so great. I found this to be especially true when cutting a curve in the GG adirondack chair arms. I had about 5" of one arm on the table with the remaining arm and bracket cantilevered off the right side of the table. It wasnt heavy, but the size of the U shaped arms made it awkward to handle with such a small footprint contacting the table. Has anyone seen a slick means of expanding the side and rear of a bandsaw table that doesnt interfere with blade changes or table tilting? I know Aigner makes extensions, but im sure they are incredibly expensive and i dont know how much i want to drill and tap my table. 

I use my miter station as an outfeed for my rip/resaw bandsaw.  While this doesn't help with support to the right of the table (don't have the space for that) it's a huge help when ripping long boards or cutting long gentle curves.  If I ever need to tilt the table for an angled cut, I'll just throw an auxiliary table of sorts on top, which raises the part high enough to clear the outfeed table.  I don't have to do this very often.

DSC_00112.jpg

• Like 1

Hey guys I'm a pretty new wood worker. I have a silly question figured you can help. I have a 9" bandsaw bench top model. What part of the saw is 9" at first I thought that was my cutting capacity but that only 5" maybe 6" at most. Sorry for the stupid question!

Just now, Griff said:

Hey guys I'm a pretty new wood worker. I have a silly question figured you can help. I have a 9" bandsaw bench top model. What part of the saw is 9" at first I thought that was my cutting capacity but that only 5" maybe 6" at most. Sorry for the stupid question!

it should be the diameter of the wheels

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Griff said:

Diameter of the wheels.

• Like 1