What brand is this?

Mpride1911

I bought it at an antique store for $10.  I thought it was a Marples at first but after I got it home and applied some rust remover and 320 sand paper, it actually looks like it says Rarplus. Can't find anything about Rarplus on google, but it brings up a few links to Ebay, but once on that page, it's a dead end.  

The pics aren't the best, I'll try again tomorrow when the sun is out.  The frog and sole are one solid piece, the frog is not attached by screws.  Any ideas?

EDIT:  I scraped a little more, and it appears to say Parplus, which does actually generate results on Google.  Anyone no about this brand? 

20160723_202333.jpg

20160723_205843.jpg

20160723_205927.jpg

Edited by Mpride1911
cleaned plane iron more

I've never personally heard of it but back in the day, you could buy hand planes at Sears, farm supply stores, and about every mom n pop hardware store. It seems like a plane was in every handymans tool tote. I've seen dozens of brands of planes I've never heard of.

What's your plan for it?

at first I thought it was a Sargent. Due to the lateral arm. they made planes for everyone and other stores would slap their name on it. But with the fixed frog and odd handle shape it is not the normal thing for them. That has a lot of interesting items going on there. I did not find anything on them in my normal places. but often the iron came from another place. looking forward to learning more.

I'm going to clean it up and see how it performs.  I've trying to read a lot about the Parplus, since I posted this.  Seems to be fairly mediocre, but almost every comment was referring to the stamped frog.  I only saw one comment about the cast frog, but that one said the blade would sharpen well, but wasn't too durable.  The one I bought seems to be in good condition.  I just bought an old Craftsman No 4 last weekend.  We'll which is better.  One may end up a gift to a friend of mine.