My first post!

Welcome to the forums..

Don't worry too much about all the "paint" comments you're about to receive..  Just chalk them up to "constructive criticism"..  It's not a deal breaker for you ;)

Nice job on the table!  More detail is always appreciated here..

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Looks good ! How did you get the wood from Germany? You live in Europe?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You have really set yourself up to receive some major smart ass comments, but I am going to restrain myself!  

To the OP, nice table and welcome to the forum.

On July 25, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Woodenskye said:

You have really set yourself up to receive some major smart ass comments, but I am going to restrain myself!  

To the OP, nice table and welcome to the forum.

The guys location says he's in Virginia. I'm curious how you got the lumber as well. Procured could mean purchased online; however, I assumed it was purchased in person in Germany. 

Regardless, I don't care much for paint, nor the color green ..but that table looks nice to me  great job!

The guys location says he's in Virginia. I'm curious how you got the lumber as well. Procured could mean purchased online; however, I assumed it was purchased in person in Germany. 

Thats what i thought as well. Most of the time i am on the forum on my phone (tapatalk) and It doesn't show where they are from. I was assuming he was from Europe.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

where did the OP go? maybe he's on vacation with that chicken he's with:o

It does seem funny he hasnt been back at all..Mabe he forgot his password...As far as chicken, there great on the grill..

Hey all, thanks for the comments!  Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been fishing in the Allegheny mountains.  I made the base, the legs are a glue up.  I made a jig to ensure the angled cut was the same all around, finished up on the band saw. The stiles are made from cypress I had laying around and are pinned with dowels. The table is for indoor use and I would normally agree, paint on wood is heresy!   My wife is fond of cutting out pictures of furniture from magazines, believe this one came from Country Living.

I was posted in Germany and purchased the rough lumber for use as shelving, yeah, that's it, shelving! The top is joined with biscuits and has a paste wax finish.  Oh, the chicken was delicious! 

• Like 1