Lots and lots of Cherry

BeautysBeast

I had posted earlier about a CL ad I found. It was for 500 board feet of cherry. The original price was 800.00. I met the gentleman on Saturday, and purchased the whole lot of it for 500.00. It is kiln dried, and half is S&B, and the other half is #1 Common. All in all, I think I got a good deal. 

The wife asked where I was going to put it, and I said I would stack it under our raised back porch. (Clean, dry, and covered) To my amazement, she said, "Do you want me to stack it in the great room?" (Thats a huge extra room INSIDE the house) I said "Sure". Before I knew it, she had moved it, one board at time, into the house. I may not always understand her, but I sure do love her!

This is a picture of half of it. I pick up the other half this weekend.

20160725_132537.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Wow, you're wife is amazing ! You need to make passionate love to her on that pile of cherry as a thank you! Just put a blanket down to prevent splinters...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Would cherry be hard enough wood for that?

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, and yes, she is a wonderful woman. She surprised me even further yesterday on our ride back to Wisconsin, when she said she would like to learn so she could help me. I always say I never win anything because I used up ALL of my luck when I met my wife. I am blessed, and grateful. 

I do have a question. How will having the wood inside, in the AC affect it?

7 minutes ago, mat60 said:

I run my AC in the shop at times just to dry it out..Its all good.

Thank you. 

The only down side is he didn't seal the ends, so there is some "Movement". Everything was milled an inch and a half, and 8 foot long, so i have plenty to work with.

2 minutes ago, BeautysBeast said:

Thank you.

The only down side is he didn't seal the ends, so there is some "Movement". Everything was milled an inch and a half, and 8 foot long, so i have plenty to work with.

Great...You can get some 1.25in  tops out of that or whatever you.like.Good deal.