Anyone in GTA with a CNC?

1 hour ago, Eric. said:

Pug, dude, buddy.  One letter...order a cheap carving set from Lee Valley and get to work.  It'll look better anyway and you'll keep your pride intact.

http://www.leevalley.com/us/wood/page.aspx?p=68940&cat=1,130,43332,43334&ap=1

Flexcut™ Palm Tools - Woodworking

Pressure....  you are putting the peer pressure on me!

It is true it's only one letter, but it's a skill i don't personally value enough to put the time in to learn.  I respect it, and those who choose to carve, but it's really a "one off" for me.

It does look kinda fun though...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Arrdenet said:

I played my fair share of Grand Theft Auto in the day.  Don't remember ever coming across a CNC, though I haven't played the last few games.  Have they incorporated woodworking into the game now?

Yeah Pug. What is GTA in this context?

Edit: Oops...I think I get it. Greater Toronto area?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Elroy Skimms said:

An alternative would be to have someone with a CNC (me) who is not in your area (also me), route a letter for you out of MDF that you can use as a template for your own router and make as many letters as you want. If you know the font you want it made with, I can knock it out. I have scrap 1/2" MDF all over the garage that needs to be put to good use (can't burn it). You'd just pay for shipping.

-E

Thanks for the offer!  I may take you up on it !

7 hours ago, Elroy Skimms said:

An alternative would be to have someone with a CNC (me) who is not in your area (also me), route a letter for you out of MDF that you can use as a template for your own router and make as many letters as you want. If you know the font you want it made with, I can knock it out. I have scrap 1/2" MDF all over the garage that needs to be put to good use (can't burn it). You'd just pay for shipping.

-E

Heck of a guy!