Sliding table saw attachment, Yes or No?

Ryan Grondin

Thanks! Glad to be here. I have a Laguna fusion table saw, and laguna makes a sliding attachment, which is identicle to the craftex sliding table attachment, probably manufactured by the same company somewhere out there. I guess I'm just wondering if the sliding attachments add enough versatility to justify the cost vs. just adding a wing and using a crosscut sled etc. Thanks guys!

Multiple flip stops are very handy. I also have a telescoping piece for lengths longer than the fence. If hold down clamps are available get them !

Squareing up the entire thing to cut perfect 90 can be a little frustrating but well worth the effort. I bought a Woodpeckers 26" framing square and it makes returning the fence to 90 after cutting angles much faster.

I have cut hundreds of very exact parts in a day with it . It is now an essential part of my work flow !

• Like 1

I started out with an Excalibur sliding table but decided it was too big for me, my shop, and the work I do so I sold it...

DSCN0261.JPG

I then bought a used Jessem sliding table and I really like that and use it some...

Jessem Sliding Table.JPG

But for most of my cross cutting today I use sleds like these

Sleds.JPG

• Like 2

I have a SawStop PCS and thought about going with their bolt on slider but after talking to a few guys around the net who have them, all of them admitted they didnt use it enough to justify the cost and space they take up. So far that has been enough for me to hold off for now.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2016 at 11:13 AM, Immortan D said:

I dig the euro style table saws, like the Hammer, whereas the whole left section of the table slides right next to the blade.

That is the appeal to me as well. Essentially getting a straight line rip on a slab would be great. No need to have an extra 10" or so to reach the add on sliders. The more I look at the Euro kit, the more I like them. Seems more thought out, not an after thought. Yeah, it's pricey... seems to be the only downside though.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a used Jessem Mast-R-Slide from ebay for a Delta right tilt saw. I love it and use it all the time.

Not trying to rekindle the old debate of left vs right tilt (settled by the market-left won), but the idea of my cutoff landing on top of a left tilt spinning blade bothers me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KJ Hearth said:

I bought a used Jessem Mast-R-Slide from ebay for a Delta right tilt saw. I love it and use it all the time.

Not trying to rekindle the old debate of left vs right tilt (settled by the market-left won), but the idea of my cutoff landing on top of a left tilt spinning blade bothers me.

Not to mention a left tilt would have cut your beautiful red anodized aluminum fence. I always assumed you want a right tilt for sliding operations, and left tilt is preferential to typical rip fence operations. I think some manufacturers, like martin, swing both ways. Everyone gets a hard on for left-tilt, I think each has its merits, but cant say either is better. As long as it goes from 0-45° is what i care about. 

• Like 1