what type of wood is this?

Kat123

The actual wood will be about impossible to actually identify from that picture.  As for the color,  it looks like a stain over a lighter wood.  It it solid wood or a veneer? 

Edit.. there are two topics on this picture.  It is helpful to pick one and delete the other.  

I saw a really pretty girl on the 6 train in NY about 8 years ago, right around 27th st.  She was brunette with a great smile.  If you can ID her let me know :)

I hate to the bearer of bad news, but folks will have an easier time identifying my subway girl.   The photo does not provide much help.  Looks like a mix of wood and veneer (or even contact paper) and it could really be anything.   That being said,  It is trying to be cherry or mahogany, but my girl on the subway was also trying. 

Whatever wood it is trying to be my bet is it has a particle board core. The style  screams inexpensive and probably flat pack type furniture.

What is your goal ? Are you trying to build a piece to go with it somehow? Definitly need better pictures to proceed past guessing and conjecture.

I was just trying to find out if it was solid or not and if there is types of  woods that actually look that color and if so which ones? 

I have been curious about it for awhile as it was my grandmother's.

:) Thank you, for all the replies.