Moving to Colorado

Llama

3 hours ago, Llama said:

Moving to Colorado soon. Actually have a place already.. Just waiting for the current house to sell.

Where are the good lumber yards in Fort Collins area?

Thanks, and if you're in the area see you soon! 

Dude, you've gotta at least wait until that free dado comes your way. Just (re)shipped this afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brendon_t said:

so is that temporary and moving abroad still on the table?

Should be there forever. I certainly hope so at least. 

34 minutes ago, pridmore said:

Dude, you've gotta at least wait until that free dado comes your way. Just (re)shipped this afternoon. 

hahah, I'll be in Wisconsin for at least another month. House goes on the market Thursday. 

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

space

We made the decision to rent for the first year here. We could end up moving in a year depending on the wifes job.. Basically, if she gets a helluva offer, we're moving in a year. Which could very likely happen...

We currently have a two-car garage, she doesn't care about parking in it.. but I'm not buying anything big until we are in the next house. So, the space is moot... I have plenty of room to set up a bench to work on a few things I have planned. For instance, I'd like to work on my hand tool skills for a bit... I do have a project coming up, it will be very interesting without a tablesaw, but I should be fine. 

4 minutes ago, Llama said:

We made the decision to rent for the first year here. We could end up moving in a year depending on the wifes job.. Basically, if she gets a helluva offer, we're moving in a year. Which could very likely happen...

We currently have a two-car garage, she doesn't care about parking in it.. but I'm not buying anything big until we are in the next house. So, the space is moot... I have plenty of room to set up a bench to work on a few things I have planned. For instance, I'd like to work on my hand tool skills for a bit... I do have a project coming up, it will be very interesting without a tablesaw, but I should be fine. 

Sounds like it's time to buy a JMPv2

That makes sense. Atleast you have a space to play with your sweet handtools.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, -MattK- said:

"matts basement"

You just want someone to take care of you since you're all laid up now! :) 

I know the drill, call Mel, he likes tacos... seen it a hundred times!

3 hours ago, bradpotts said:

some shop time

I might take you up on that. Lots of stuff is up in the air right now, once things are settled we should get together. I'll bring my tote of hand planes. :) 

• Like 2

Found a great lumber yard! It's about 5 minutes from the house, and they have everything! In addition to being a great lumberyard, they are also a Sawstop and Festool dealer. They also have the usual stuff Woodcraft carries.. glue, router bits ect.. I was blown away when I went in there. Nice people, great selection and overall good pricing on the things I'll be needing. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Llama said:

Found a great lumber yard! It's about 5 minutes from the house, and they have everything! In addition to being a great lumberyard, they are also a Sawstop and Festool dealer. They also have the usual stuff Woodcraft carries.. glue, router bits ect.. I was blown away when I went in there. Nice people, great selection and overall good pricing on the things I'll be needing. 

I guess we know where you will be hanging out!