New Mallet

Ryan Grondin

I use them.  We had a job where we had to take out about 35 cubic feet of wood along the edges of a floor in an old house with chisels.  I got tired of wearing out, and breaking wooden mallets, and decided to try one of them.  I never went back to anything else.  With days of use on that job, and many others since then, they're still like new, except for sweat stained handles.  Any chisel they've ever hit has not had the first dent or mark left on a handle.

They make it a lot more quiet, and easier on the arm and wrist too.  I wish that I'd had them 35 years ago.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SawDustB said:

I picked one up today, in large part based on the recommendation I saw on here from Tom King. I'm hoping to put it through its paces this weekend.

e482c5be88f254f4f84ac2301c71d9e7.jpg

Nice. doesn't feel good in the hand? I like the feel of it. I may get a different weight, as they have a few different ones. I think it's a keeper so far. I like how it performs. Let us know what you think after you use it a bit.

3 minutes ago, Tom King said:

I use the 12 oz. for most things, and the 30 oz. for timber framing.  The handle felt a little large to me to start with, but it didn't take long to get used to it, and now I like it a lot.

Yeah I didn't think I'd like it at first either, but I played with it a bunch the first day and by the end of the day it felt great in my hand. I like how you can choke up on it, or lay back to whack. lol

3 minutes ago, Ryan Grondin said:

Yeah I didn't think I'd like it at first either, but I played with it a bunch the first day and by the end of the day it felt great in my hand. I like how you can choke up on it, or lay back to whack. lol

LOL...Not going to say it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Ryan Grondin said:

I guess that didn't sound too good lolol..........