Anyone use these?

Ryan Grondin

On a whim, I once tried using vinyl arched corner bead for drywall. It worked like a charm. Very flexible and the corner provided a great place for the router bit bearing to ride along. Cheap too, and easy to cut for different lengths.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Gibraltar-Building-Products-10-ft-Vinyl-Arched-Drywall-Corner-Bead-10513/202093127

ArBullbead.gif

-E

arch3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom Crawford said:

I keep meaning to pick one of those up, but inevitably forget until I need to draw the curve right then and there. I have a thin strip of hardwood with two holes drilled near the ends that are pulled together with twine. It works, but it doesn't exactly have the easiest adjustment.

• Like 1

The one thing at which those excel, at which no other methods compare is transferring a curve.

Suppose you are building a boat.  You have a lofting right there, a drawing of the boat full size.  You need to transfer the midship frame from the lofting to the mold you are about to install.  Use that to match the curve.  Tighten the wing nuts.  Pick it up, move it to where it's needed, and trace.  Start cutting and planing.

Beats nails on the loft floor any day.

• Like 1