Fuji Mini Mite 4

Bulldog

10 minutes ago, Eric. said:

I impulse bought mine too but I had to pay like a thousand.  That was a year and a half ago and it's still in the box. LOL :huh::unsure::mellow:

If I may attempt to one up you, my good man. I have a festool domino xl that has never been plugged in. Got it about a year and a half ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Crazy how cheap you got that minimite for ! Not as crazy as having an unused domino for a year and a half?! What happened? Were you in a coma?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I decided to learn how to do traditional mortise and tenons before i began using the domino. I'm beginning to get decent at doing them by hand, so I plan on busting it out soon. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I decided to learn how to do traditional mortise and tenons before i began using the domino. I'm beginning to get decent at doing them by hand, so I plan on busting it out 

Just in time to ask yourself went the heck you waited to long?

3 hours ago, Eric. said:

I impulse bought mine too but I had to pay like a thousand.  That was a year and a half ago and it's still in the box. LOL :huh::unsure::mellow:

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

If I may attempt to one up you, my good man. I have a festool domino xl that has never been plugged in. Got it about a year and a half ago. 

It's amazing how well an old tee shirt and a biscuit cutter can get Ya bye.

1 minute ago, Bulldog said:

I'm sure that you are right, but I'm also in love with through tenons, and tusk tenons in particular. That may change once I actually start to build stuff. 

Don't get me wrong, knowing how to correctly and accurately cut a m&t accurately should be a mandatory imo. With that said, having the ability to go for speed and precision is great. 

Through and tusk are great and if you know how to execute it,  you know how.  A domino doesn't claim to replace that.  Those are both exposed joinery for aesthetic sake. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

Don't get me wrong, knowing how to correctly and accurately cut a m&t accurately should be a mandatory imo. With that said, having the ability to go for speed and precision is great. 

Through and tusk are great and if you know how to execute it,  you know how.  A domino doesn't claim to replace that.  Those are both exposed joinery for aesthetic sake. 

I completely agree with you. I bought the domino knowing that it was a game changer, especially since my time is pretty limited when it comes to woodworking. It just so happened that I met a fellow woodworker right after I purchased it, and he introduced me to hand tool use. That led to me becoming oddly fascinated with hand tools. That led to my Roubo build. That year and a half has gone by pretty fast hehe. 

When I started out with the goal of building fine furniture, I never anticipated using hand tools. A few Doucette and Wolf videos later, and here I am. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I completely agree with you. I bought the domino knowing that it was a game changer, especially since my time is pretty limited when it comes to woodworking. It just so happened that I met a fellow woodworker right after I purchased it, and he introduced me to hand tool use. That led to me becoming oddly fascinated with hand tools. That led to my Roubo build. That year and a half has gone by pretty fast hehe. 

When I started out with the goal of building fine furniture, I never anticipated using hand tools. A few Doucette and Wolf videos later, and here I am. 

I think that odd fascination is one many of us share.  For me,  not enough to want to mill stock, rip cuts, or even shoot mitres as primary but we get it. I'm pretty sure I have at least one hand tool touch about ever step in a project. Less at the front end and much more at the final fit and finish. 

I decided to learn how to do traditional mortise and tenons before i began using the domino. I'm beginning to get decent at doing them by hand, so I plan on busting it out soon. 

Wow i am impressed with your patience. Did you atleast open up the systainer and take a wiff? Do you sleep with the systainer by your bed? Cmon be honest...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I

1 hour ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

I bought a Mini Mite 4 about 18 months ago as well. It's a great machine and sprays beautifully. I paid 749 for it brand new, shipped. (Eric you got screwed)

Nah, I just have a bad memory.

ScreenshotB.png

• Like 1