Powermatic PM2244 vs Jet 22-44OSC

KJ Hearth

I'm curios how people feel about the new PM2244 compared to the Jet 22-44OSC.

I like the oscillating feature of the Jet (who wouldn't), but I've seen a few reviews denoting the difficulty in adjustments and the flimsy plastic parts--both addressed in the PM2244 but minus the oscillation.

Apart from the oscillation missing from the PM2244, I'm not a big fan of electronics in my power machinery. I'm of the opinion that the fewer pcb's the better. I can replace a switch, even desolder and replace dimpled caps, but pulling chips and testing them is out of my league. The Jet 22-44OSC just seems to have fewer electronics, which would be great if the reviews were better.

Any thoughts?

I have the Jet 22-44OSC. Really not a fan. Yeah the oscillation is a nice feature but holy crap the adjustment is beyond crap. I have so much trouble with it that I end up using the drum sander way way less than I would like to. I've read some great reviews on the new PM sander. And you can't go wrong with Supermax. Tried and tested there. I'd suggest you narrow your decision to those two options and remove the Jet from the competition. Or ya know, you could buy mine :rolleyes: