any juicers?

Eric.

I know @shaneymack is with me.  Anyone else do the juice?

DSC_0158_1.jpg

This is my ol' reliable concoction.  It's like a Bloody Mary without the vodka.

celery, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, green onions, garlic, spinach, romaine, one lime, one jalapeno, sea salt, black pepper, a shot of pickle brine, a shot of olive brine, and a $#!%load of Tobasco.

Garnish with celery, olives and a pickle...and a fork.  Amazing.  I try to use as much organic produce as possible.  Can't always do it, but I try.

Juicing is expensive and time consuming, but you can feel it, man.  Good stuff coursing through your veins.  You feel invigorated, energetic, clean.  You're more productive throughout the day, you sleep better at night, you have good poops.

I make enough to fill two of these big mason jars, and it's all I'll consume all day until dinner.

• Like 1

No but funny story.  i grew up on meat and potatoes.  That is it.  dinner was always a chunk of meat and a potato, either fried, baked or mashed.  I cook all the time and use celery and carrots as ingredients but never thought to try them raw.  it turns out raw celery is really delicious.   My carrots still need to be cooked or pureed.  Otherwise its like eating wood....

I try eating as much raw veg as I can stuff down my gullet.  It can be a real challenge and that's why I like juicing.  You blast yourself in one morning of drinking juice with what it would take a week to chew and eat.  We're not horses and gnawing all that fiber gets terribly boring.

But juicing is a royal PITA too, like Bryan said.  It takes me almost a half hour to do it, including cleanup.  That's a real investment in time considering it takes about 30 seconds to grab a piece of fruit or peel a couple boiled eggs.  I go through cycles with it, off a while, on for a while.  I get sick of making it and drinking it.  Not to mention going to the grocery store and dropping $50 a week on veggie tables, most of which will end up compost.

Eric, one of the biggest benefits of juicing is consuming the enzymes, something our diets all lack these days. Those enzymes die pretty quicky so I always try to drink my juice max 30 mins after juicing it.

Also, not sure what kind of juicer you are using but a slow masticating juicer will keep more of the enzymes in tact (due to less friction) and will yield more juice.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Eric, one of the biggest benefits of juicing is consuming the enzymes, something our diets all lack these days. Those enzymes die pretty quicky so I always try to drink my juice max 30 mins after juicing it.

Also, not sure what kind of juicer you are using but a slow masticating juicer will keep more of the enzymes in tact (due to less friction) and will yield more juice.

I know these things but:

A) masticating juicers are insanely expensive.  I'd like to get one someday but it's not in the budget right now.

2) I drink as much as my stomach can hold as soon as I make it.  There's always leftovers so I drink the rest a couple hours later.  Juice doesn't fill you up for very long.

V) I take enzymes with almost every meal.

I know these things but:

A) masticating juicers are insanely expensive.  I'd like to get one someday but it's not in the budget right now.

2) I drink as much as my stomach can hold as soon as I make it.  There's always leftovers so I drink the rest a couple hours later.  Juice doesn't fill you up for very long.

V) I take enzymes with almost every meal.

This is what I use. Its a tank. Wasn't very expensive from what I recall. I got it 5 years ago so I can't remember

2b70e90a2d55b9802aaf203848139486.jpg

• Like 1

I have heard of this lifestyle,  and it sounds like a great way to drink the good stuff rather than the poison i normally drink in the morning but I'm way too lazy to spend 30 minutes a morning making a shake.. crap,  I bought a Keurig because a drip brewer took too long.  Maybe that's why I'm fat..

20 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

I have heard of this lifestyle,  and it sounds like a great way to drink the good stuff rather than the poison i normally drink in the morning but I'm way too lazy to spend 30 minutes a morning making a shake.. crap,  I bought a Keurig because a drip brewer took too long.  Maybe that's why I'm fat..

Cheaper than a Keurig, and just as fast, and you won't be drinking boiled plastic.  But my grinder did cost another $250.  it works for me because I only drink espresso.  Drip coffee tastes too watered down for me   

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00AV1E0GI/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471202459&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40&keywords=rok+espresso&dpPl=1&dpID=41J1GlEZmpL&ref=plSrch

There's nothing wrong with coffee as long as you keep drinking enough water.  Otherwise it just dehydrates you.  I don't think the guys who drink Folgers all day long are doing themselves any favors, but a cup or two in the morning won't hurt you.  I only avoid it because it makes me wanna smoke cigarettes.

I know @shaneymack is with me.  Anyone else do the juice?

DSC_0158_1.jpg

This is my ol' reliable concoction.  It's like a Bloody Mary without the vodka.

celery, carrots, tomatoes, radishes, green onions, garlic, spinach, romaine, one lime, one jalapeno, sea salt, black pepper, a shot of pickle brine, a shot of olive brine, and a $#!%load of Tobasco.

Garnish with celery, olives and a pickle...and a fork.  Amazing.  I try to use as much organic produce as possible.  Can't always do it, but I try.

Juicing is expensive and time consuming, but you can feel it, man.  Good stuff coursing through your veins.  You feel invigorated, energetic, clean.  You're more productive throughout the day, you sleep better at night, you have good poops.

I make enough to fill two of these big mason jars, and it's all I'll consume all day until dinner.

How did you come up with the recipe? Is that really what a Bloody Mary is? All those ingredients sound good individually (except for the olive and pickle brine, that sent a chill down my spine), but can't imagine what they would taste like altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, chrisphr said:

How did you come up with the recipe? Is that really what a Bloody Mary is? All those ingredients sound good individually (except for the olive and pickle brine, that sent a chill down my spine), but can't imagine what they would taste like altogether.

Oh I have no idea what goes into V8, which is usually what I use for my Bloody Mary's...I just threw a bunch of crap together and added/subtracted ingredients until it was palatable.  The pickle and olive brine just add a little saltiness and a touch of vinegar.  I put it in my Bloody Mary's too and it's not the same without it.  I skip the Worcestershire in my juice but that might not be a bad addition either.  Of course I don't know how healthy Worcestershire is, so it might defeat the purpose.  What the hell is Worcestershire anyway?

• Like 1

Oh I have no idea what goes into V8, which is usually what I use for my Bloody Mary's...I just threw a bunch of crap together and added/subtracted ingredients until it was palatable.  The pickle and olive brine just add a little saltiness and a touch of vinegar.  I put it in my Bloody Mary's too and it's not the same without it.  I skip the Worcestershire in my juice but that might not be a bad addition either.  Of course I don't know how healthy Worcestershire is, so it might defeat the purpose.  What the hell is Worcestershire anyway?

I've been trying to kick the health thing up a notch, but with juicing you are way ahead of me! My biggest health change lately is giving liqueur a break and counting calories. Actually the latter led to the former .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, chrisphr said:

I've been trying to kick the health thing up a notch, but with juicing you are way ahead of me!

Uh yeah I don't think so, not according to Strava anyway.  I haven't been on my bike for months.  I still spin almost every morning but haven't been on a real ride.  Need to get back at it...the weather should break in a month or less. :)

Are you giving liqueur a break or liquor a break? LOL

The only alcohol I allow myself is a few beers a couple times a week.  And maybe once a month a binge night with buddies.