Shaneymack, Where do I send the bill?

Rex Edgar

It's all your doing! First the CT 26, then the Domino! Now the CT has caused the Rockler equivalent of the Dust Deputy to implode! Have you no sense of decency, man? I got the Oneida catalog and thought the prices were way to high for what they were providing. And all the time the CT was scheming on me and Rockler. The Rockler not only acted like a gallon bottle of surface air at 2 atmospheres, the top cracked all to hell and Gorilla Tape has been of no help. Guess I need to spend more deenaro! Where does it all stop?

image.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Woodenskye said:

You need to get the dust deputy that is made to fit the festool ct.  I will cost more, but better built.  But in the end you are right, Shane is the cause for empty wallets throughout this forum.  :D

How top heavy does the combined unit become?

12 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

And you should get one of these while your at it

707c1fa79a2a032ef855d0775ee97a5e.jpg

I'll sell you mine, Rex.  $1250, free shipping.  I'll warn you, it's a piece of junk.

I have the same setup as Shane.  It's obnoxiously large.  (I've taken the outriggers off.)

DSC_0004_5.jpg

2 hours ago, Rex Edgar said:

How top heavy does the combined unit become?

I bought the festool handle when I bought my CT cause with my small shop sometimes I need to push outside.  After adding the dust deputy, I didn't notice any top heaviness because of the handle.  Shane has a much more complete set up with the boom arm.

I'll sell you mine, Rex.  $1250, free shipping.  I'll warn you, it's a piece of junk.

I have the same setup as Shane.  It's obnoxiously large.  (I've taken the outriggers off.)

DSC_0004_5.jpg

It sucks that you got a lemon. I love mine and general consensus is its the best miter saw around. The price on the thing has gotten out of control though, its almost 2000$ here in Canada. Thats getting into Omga price range.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

Oh god I hate the outriggers....  It's ok to take them off?

I don't move mine around all that much.  It's fairly centrally located in my tiny shop so the boom arm can swivel to almost any position I need it.  When I do move it, I find that as long as you don't tug on it from the hose and cord, and actually push it from the handle like a reasonable person would do, it's fine.

1 hour ago, wnaziri said:

My Rockler Vortex bucket has been tipping over constantly since I starting using it with new my CT26.  

I guess this will end up costing more and I will also have to blame Shaneymack!

I had the same problem with small Shop- Vac. I remedied that by placing a brick or two in the bottom to give it some heft. The Rocler Vortex was fine for about 2-3 months before it succumbed.

23 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

It doesn't stop, and the CT has collapsed more buckets with the Dust Deputy than I care to count. You need a steel drum with the dust deputy on top. 

i got 2x 55 gallon steel drums with removable lids for $35, thats what i use 1 for the big DC one for the CT26.

I have a 44 gallon drum under the large cyclone. I wait for it to fill up and then use a removalist's trolley and a rubber hold down strap to hold the drum to trolley. Wheel it out into the yard and dump on an area I want to build up organic material. Rake it out and it breaks down. The soil is very sandy and it helps to retain moisture.

I've been experimenting with parallel Dust Deputies...   I plumbed up some PVC fittings... and some gorilla tape to seal them, then built a box out of 3/4" plywood, sealed the corners with caulk and weather stripping around my door.   And inside there is a plastic storage tub.   I put thick weather stripping along the top of the box so as I push the tub in it seals itself to the top.

I wish I had a better picture, but it actually works.   I was going to fine tune the concept and make something better.

joa97Fg.jpg?1

• Like 1

OK, in the I want to be like Shane competition, here is my entry. Do have a question, it appears I have lost some suction. Does that seem normal? I was using the track saw and got a lot more dust than I did before. The outriggers are not being used, just folded forward to get them out of the way 

KQd2lmdEuj-2TogNgbF-yhSXYEbOfajU-Oxc1yvO

OK, in the I want to be like Shane competition, here is my entry. Do have a question, it appears I have lost some suction. Does that seem normal? I was using the track saw and got a lot more dust than I did before. The outriggers are not being used, just folded forward to get them out of the way 

KQd2lmdEuj-2TogNgbF-yhSXYEbOfajU-Oxc1yvOFCs-17lghpaJcfgpEqfOPhof_A8sDzRL7YzD2pUwXRUhGCHljQjKUDg_324V2WmlWMrKRj-6X1xEfZWBvobP0juf_6T4ZbKc4BmKHb8k3MWkCP4qKv8sLhlovjdaaUikU3HsvPiVcnnHRbg4b8n4I7sh5sK7A2DDv7YFpeeiwlUXaxBBoHB1AFfd-nVHRtqYgxSoWMM3PMEzUIddVoGz5j1b5xzocglJMibBx5dif6u-X6RnfnkPM17W_ew_W7MdNZxaYPnceH_xfSmc9WWACjOo_4-w_Wi5iyYzGfEMxxdYbvWhvmgjsFambealDqq8CAFgoGokWMPUIGY6lFbOzdsinAZcFkb1F-bgmx-OALLAuYEQ2kgHFoARZXlHmp-VZDK5PGBhMh56NnCOzLBMHNhxrR5wNVJGoqq82QY-4ecj6QoWNpHcsxBnGkaBlfda7MdNMJvaEd5Nyq328bmiFsWMNHUb6_6Y5-2a8WpbR9SU_nQaEl3KQay8_J7vob8BTaeAJXP6N6nv85zA39LSkIG1njS_vEdK6RggI2TKseEhrIYZFkSEhLUjTpacjRovJmtxw5mr=w492-h655-no

Is it possible the hose is blocked? Happens to me often with the 7m hose. Try connecting your hose backwards to the vac to see of you suck anything out. Thats the only thing i can think of unless the suction is turned down which I'm sure you've checked lol

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

58 minutes ago, Southwood said:

KQd2lmdEuj-2TogNgbF-yhSXYEbOfajU-Oxc1yvO

Why is there no insulation in the center 

8 hours ago, K Cooper said:

Why is there no insulation in the center 

Those are just 2 extra pieces  I had left over from something. Really need to pick up another, but I keep forgetting. 

Suction was all the way turned up. I will try turning the hose around  and see what happens. Really don't see how it could be plugged up, ain't used it that much.