I'm burning my guitar

rodger.

37 minutes ago, Lester Burnham said:

Crazy talented.

This one always cracks me up.

That cracked me up too! Thanks for that.

I hadn't seen Ms Malmsteen before. She's ridiculoulsy talented, has that abilitly to make fast playing sound good.

When I think of fast guitar I always think of Al Dimeola. In addition to being fast Al knows how to play slow, with feeling. If you've not listened, try out Return to Forever. This song exemplifies what I'm getting at. It builds very slowly. You have to take your time and listen. He's eventually playing fast, but it isn't jarring and overwrought. Of course it helps that he is playing with Chick Corea, Lenny White, and Stanley Clark. They are all virtuoso musicians in their own right.

Mel...Check out how Stanley Clarke starts out using a bow on a stand-up bass and switches over to electric.

Meh, never been one to praise someone who plays repeated minor pentatonic scales played fast with distortion. It helps mask flaws in playing, and aids in impressing non musicians.

This is impressive guitaring. It's using the entire instrument, and nearly every type of technique from tapping, strumming, hammering, dehammering, plucked harmonics, slap harmonics.

FYI Shane, he's in Montreal, so if you want to learn, he teaches. 

Meh, never been one to praise someone who plays repeated minor pentatonic scales played fast with distortion. It helps mask flaws in playing, and aids in impressing non musicians.

This is impressive guitaring. It's using the entire instrument, and nearly every type of technique from tapping, strumming, hammering, dehammering, plucked harmonics, slap harmonics.

Wow! That's one of the most impressive things I've ever seen done on a guitar ! Amazing

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Tom Cancelleri said:

There is no denying her talent.  There is a heck of a lot more than distorted 5 note patterns in that piece.

Your comment reminded me of Andy McKee.

Andy's a cool guy. Met him a bunch of times, he signed one of my guitars. I actually helped him fix his computer via email when he first got started. I've met most of those guys, Don Ross, Antoine Dufour, Erik Mongrain, Stephen Bennett, Craig D'Andrea. I play some of their music.

In fact, Andy's harp guitar got me into woodworking. My first project was a guitar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk