Miter saw - bevel stickers

Kylewo0

New to the forum, new to woodworking.

i purchased a hitachi miter saw. C12RCH on sell at lowes.

Why do these come with stickers for the angles and bevel angles ? Has anyone had problems with these? Like peeling off after a few years..I would figure for that type of money you would get it engraved like dewalts.  they built it with so much percision then slapped a sticker on it at the end.. Doesn't make sense.. Be that as it may.. I'm new to this so what do I know.)

I'm just ocd I'm sure, but this is something I want to keep for awhile .

any help or rationalization is welcomed , ha

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply rex 

the saw is a beast, more than my skill level but I hope to grow into it. I started with a 71/2 ryobi.  I was seeking bigger cuts and more accuracy .. Even my ryobi had stickers but that's a given on a 79.99 product ha. This hitachi was 399. I may have saved 50 idk.

i agree probably cost savings but why! This things is very impressive and well built.. Putting stickers that could peel off is like .. Idk.. Doing an amazing paint job and forgetting the clear coat.!!

do these stickers just never come off or what.. 

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Kylewo0 said:

Haha thanks Llama, that was my first thought- scoring my own lines.

as far as the wrong hobby , na I enjoy it to much...  Just don't tell my wife that we may be buying more , haha.

It won't take the wife long to figure out that you've just scratched the surface on shop purchases.  This is an expensive hobby!

• Like 1

Use a square or bevel gauge to set up all your cuts and you won't have to worry about it. I don't rely on those markings and I have a Kapex. If your saw has positive stops you can set those up and you'll use them 99% of the time anyway. How often do you make a cut at 28.5 degrees?

Is the sticker metal or plastic? I've seen some metal-stickers on even quite old tools, they stay down, and don't tend to curl under UV light like a common plastic one will. As with everything, there's a surprising range of quality on stickers.

My miter saw is also a Hitachi, but about a decade older than yours. The numbers were cast into the base, and have become difficult even for my young eyes to read. Be happy yours are readable, and despite it's name, don't trust a miter saw for precision angles.

• Like 1

I have the non-slider version of that saw.  It's a decent little saw, I've used it for three or four years.  It's certainly on the cheap end of miter saws, but if the slider is as good as the non-slider, it's well made and will serve you well.  I've never given any thought as to the stickers, which are still in place...they're just there to guide the adjustment into the appropriate stop as far as I'm concerned.