My ARN Woodshop - Out of storage and into the shop.

RobNCD

Hi there
I thought I would share my progress on my woodshop. I have been working on the shop and have relocated most of the machines from storage and into the shop. I have a long way to go but thought others might enjoy seeing the progress so far.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words I thought I would post a video. Is that worth more??

Enjoy!!
https://youtu.be/j_j7LQlU0fg

Image1.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

LOL. One is a tablesaw the other is a shaper. But he has a PM66 on the other side that you cant see. So one unisaw and one pm66....Jelous !

You are correct

Unisaw and Delta HD Shaper on one side and a PM66 on the other. There is also an Oliver 260d slider on the right side of the saws.

Welcome to the Forum ! Awesome shop and awesome machines !! 

Why did you name it the DIY shop? That kinda cheapens what you do imo. Maybe I just have a negative view towards the whole 'diy' thing. I blame HGTV, LOL

Thanks for posting the video, we love seeing other peoples setups! Hope you plan to be part of the community and not just use the forum to drive Youtube traffic. 

Another question, how many planers does one guy need ?! :P You can send one my way if you have one too many LOL

15 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Welcome to the Forum ! Awesome shop and awesome machines !! 

Why did you name it the DIY shop? That kinda cheapens what you do imo. Maybe I just have a negative view towards the whole 'diy' thing. I blame HGTV, LOL

Thanks for posting the video, we love seeing other peoples setups! Hope you plan to be part of the community and not just use the forum to drive Youtube traffic. 

Another question, how many planers does one guy need ?! :P You can send one my way if you have one too many LOL

I had another business a few years back that specialized in Reproduction historical moldings, but unfortunately my father passed completely unexpectedly and life was thrown upside-down.  I had to close the shop, uproot the family and put the tools into storage.  I have been working on the new shop for a while and a new website (BentRiverWoodshop) and thought why not just bring others along my journey.  Its nice to meet the new group of ww along with reuniting with some of my older contacts.

As far as the planers... you mean 4 is too many?  Lol  I will restore the ARN and mostly keep the 18" Delta Wedgebed and one of the Yates American 24" units.  The Hawk 15" is really dedicated to molding functions.

11 minutes ago, Woodenskye said:

Welcome to the forum.  I gather from the video you do a lot of restoration of tools, are these for yourself or other people's machines?  Very nice shop either way.

I would say that all tools start out as mine, but then it just seems like something else comes along or someone else wants what I have more than I want to keep it.  There are actually a few tools not in the shop yet, 2 Baxter Whitney double spindle shapers, a Yates American 16" Disc 48" Belt sander, and a Model 239  Elkhart Overarm Router.  Still looking for a lathe.

That bandsaw is huge! 

Rob, what's the shop?  A stand-alone building?  What square footage are you working with? (nevermind, 1200, right towards the end!)

Did you say you're dedicating a RAS and the PM tablesaw to dadoes?

Maybe a stupid question, but what does ARN stand for?

thanks for sharing!  I've subscribed, looking forward to more!

8 minutes ago, -MattK- said:

That bandsaw is huge! 

Rob, what's the shop?  A stand-alone building?  What square footage are you working with?

Did you say you're dedicating a RAS and the PM tablesaw to dadoes?

Maybe a stupid question, but what does ARN stand for?

thanks for sharing!  I've subscribed, looking forward to more!

The Moak is a 36" unit, the build is around 34 x 36 or a little over 1200 sq ft, Yes a Dewalt RAS and also the PM66 for dados.

ARN --- (pronounced IRON. )with reference to old WW machines from the use of cast iron in their frames.  

ARN --- Imagine you were a dirt poor truck driver from Tupelo, Mississippi. Now imagine you were vaulted to stardom and took an interest in karate, jewel studded jump suits and bad interior decorating. Now imagine yourself saying "iron".

Thanks for the subscribe there is sooo much more coming.  The shop needs the dust collection completed, electrical done, including 3 phase conversion, tool restoration, shop storage and special use builds, along with so many wood projects...  please let me know how you like it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RobNCD said:

ARN --- Imagine you were a dirt poor truck driver from Tupelo, Mississippi. Now imagine you were vaulted to stardom and took an interest in karate, jewel studded jump suits and bad interior decorating. Now imagine yourself saying "iron".

You had me at jewel studded jump suits.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.  I am loving your choice of tools.  I also have an affinity for old "ARN".  Really liked your shop tour video.

You seem to have an eclectic taste with a variety of makers for your tools.  I have chosen one American manufacturer for my workshop tools.  

I hope you post videos of these restorations.

• Like 1