ROUTER Table workpiece holder

Rex Edgar

I just got through doing a small favor for the neighbor involving mounting a small collectible on a wooden base. A couple of years ago, he had a large willow oak removed and I glommed a few logs. That has been the hardest wood to work with. My experience is somewhat limited, but this stuff didn't want to get cut or planed and fought every attempt of mine. While I ignored the oak it began to split to hell out of spite. I bring that up because neighbor asked if there was any left. I apologized and told him to pick out some other wood. Talk about champagne taste! He spied a milled piece of marble wood that I just bought a week or so ago. His project only used a small piece of the board. That brings me, the long way, to the product I'd like to review. It's a small parts holder for working smaller pieces in power machines. Mine came from MCLS Woodworking. At first it didn't impress me and I set it to one side. The block for neighbor measured about 4" X 4" and I was sure wanting to keep all my fingers. Well the little jig worked like a champ. I don't know about the group, but the router table is one tool that I give much respect to as it cares not whether it is routing meat or wood. Anyhow 4/5 stars for the jig. Here's the holder and the neighbors project. Anyone know what we mounted on the marble wood?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

Mine is similar but probably an older design. I needed to route all 4 sides of 1 1/4" squares and no way in hell were my fingers getting that close to the router bit. Then I remembered the jig I had bought at a wood show. It was still a bit of white knuckle experience. Tighten it carefully and if you are not using a fence definitly use a starting pin.