Sturdy Footstool

wnaziri

I to keep a couple of projects going simultaneously. That way when I'm waiting on it blew up or just plain burned out, I can move to the other project and not lose my momentum.

I to keep a couple of projects going simultaneously. That way when I'm waiting on it blew up or just plain burned out, I can move to the other project and not lose my momentum.

The stool came out Great. As others have said that sepele really comes to life with some finish on it. The wedged tenons make a great detail as well as a really strong joint. 

On September 14, 2016 at 7:26 AM, treeslayer said:

I'm with Ross, clean, simple, sturdy great finish, great job. i like to do one project at a time, not to say that at times i don't have a couple of projects going but i find it easier to do one thing at a time and move on to the next.

My general tendency use to be to do one task at a time.  The way I got where I am in woodworking now is that I usually give myself a set amount of time to spend in the shop on any given day.  When I make a mistake, I have learned to back off; otherwise I will compound the error if I continue working on the same project.  In the old days, I'd just leave the workshop.  Now, I just go and work on another project and get my mind off the mistake. 

8 hours ago, Elroy Skimms said:

The wedged tenons turned out great. How did you make those?

-E

First of all, thanks.

In building the stool, the two legs at 10 degree.  To cut the mortises, I built a 10 degree ramp jig which I then clamped to my drill press table.  Using 3/4 Forstner bit, drilled the holes which I squared with chisels.  I cut a kerf in the tenons with my dovetail saw for the wedges.  I cut 10 degree wedges on my table saw from a chunk of 3/4 wenge.

• Like 1