Birch Bathroom Mirror

xxdabroxx

1 minute ago, gee-dub said:

Bottom rail doesn't bother me.  She looks great!

Thanks G, after about a year of remodeling (my oh my how projects grow) it is darn nice to have a mirror again.  When I started the bathroom it had a small junk vanity under the window with the toilet to its left (still there although rotated 90 deg) and a tiny 30" shower right of the vanity as you face it with about a 7' ceiling height.  Tore out the whole room to the dirt and poured a raised slab where the floor joists used to rest on chunks of firewood and rebuilt from there (found many interesting construction practices in my house).  I've learned a lot over the last year, everything from plumbing, to drywall, to tile, to cabinet building.  Pretty happy with the result though.  Now I've just got to make the rest of the house match, pantry is next.

Looks good Eric, I like the subway tile, and your floor tiles look a lot like mine.  I can use my shower without making a mess so I'm saving the money on the door (you'd think they would be cheaper since they are saving on the aluminum frame :rolleyes:).  The GF on the other hand, not so good at keeping the water in the shower.  But if I put a door up I couldn't pinch her butt and scare the heck out of her without her catching me.  haha

8 minutes ago, treeslayer said:

nice work XX, is the window in the mirror done the same way? vanity looks great also, lots of work in that piece

The window  trim was done similarly, but without the half laps at the corners it's just nailed in place.  Had to frame a 2x6 wall there because the original wall was so out of plumb so I have an extra deep window sill.  House is like a puzzle. 

j6WbJVmq9NREuVZB8OJah7uQ1E5DxJ7z-2m0IrFK

eF7_hno4XGyzz9bB7Ya2822251U0vLnIlXPLUEaE

Definitely come a long way from this:

IjP40-eD-yPwi_mPzXxGsfnkSsypl_an50uv58OI

oHNsNb3h4zOfGH1Rhwot_GjzaBi_70vvJEqhvwN5

Tricky part was getting it all built without messing up the stucco on the outside. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, shaneymack said:

Bathroom looks great, Dave. You did everything yourself? Is that a doorless shower or you just havent put the door yet? What waterproofing did you go with under the tile? That wall tile is is awesome, good choice !

Thanks!  I've done most of the work myself, gotten a lot of help from my dad and some from a couple friends.  The shower is doorless, I mentioned earlier it works fine for me, but the GF gets some water on the floor.  It's just about 6' x 3' interior dimensions.  The house is in the foothills near a river so I thought the wood look would be fitting.  Under the tile is WR drywall, then a layer of tar paper, then chicken wire, then conc. then the tile.  (Tile buddies did most of the work from the chicken wire out, I set the floor and did all the grouting) the floor of the shower has a rubber shower pan that laps up the walls about 8" and has drypack on top of it to create the slope in the floor.  I need to add a light to the shower still but I'm kinda over it for now.