Picked this set of MFT accessories up a couple of days ago

davestanton

All good stuff, Dave.  I have most of those accessories.  But you gotta tell me, seriously...why would you wanna keep that stuff in a Systainer so every time you need to use one you gotta get the box off the shelf, open it, dig around in it, close it, put it back on the shelf?  Those items belong in a drawer...and as soon as I have time I'm gonna build a rolling cabinet for my MFT so I can keep them within reach when I'm working at the table.  At the moment I also have my MFT accessories in a box on a shelf, and I gotta tell ya...it's a PITA.  No question the wall of Systainers makes you the coolest kid on the block...but not the most efficient. ;)

Also, it's time to start feeding that dog SALAD. :D

• Like 1

All good stuff, Dave.  I have most of those accessories.  But you gotta tell me, seriously...why would you wanna keep that stuff in a Systainer so every time you need to use one you gotta get the box off the shelf, open it, dig around in it, close it, put it back on the shelf?  Those items belong in a drawer...and as soon as I have time I'm gonna build a rolling cabinet for my MFT so I can keep them within reach when I'm working at the table.  At the moment I also have my MFT accessories in a box on a shelf, and I gotta tell ya...it's a PITA.  No question the wall of Systainers makes you the coolest kid on the block...but not the most efficient.

Also, it's time to start feeding that dog SALAD.

Works great if your systainer is on a drawer like I have them. Its easy to grab and bring on a job and you have the same functionality of a drawer in the shop when its in the shop.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shaneymack said:

Works great if your systainer is on a drawer like I have them. Its easy to grab and bring on a job and you have the same functionality of a drawer in the shop when its in the shop.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This is my approach as well. I also have the added issue of spiders, roaches and ants that come visit, and the systainers give me a better seal than I get with drawers.

Always up for another Dave video though.

• Like 2

Systainers, I know some like and some don't. I thought about @shaneymack comment re slide out. That would be great if they were at waist height or lower but mine are all waist height and up because they are light enough to get down. I reserve the lower areas for heavy items. I am a person who does grab gear and head out at least once a week so the systainers work great there. I also like to put my toys away at the end of the day, helps me focus on the task when I walk into the shop in the morning without clutter strewn every where...maybe I have OCB or D? (behavior, disorder). If DeWalt had systainers for the tools I own that are that brand, I would buy them also. They just keep me organised. 

Onto the topic, the set is very useful. And Barry is there because a heap of people ask for him to make more appearances. I had to wake him up for this gig, lol.

3 hours ago, davestanton said:

If DeWalt had systainers for the tools I own that are that brand, I would buy them also. They just keep me organised. 

Why don't you just buy some empty systainers and use that for your dewalt tools? Another option is the Dewalt tough system but if you are already invested in the Systainers and travel with them, it would make more sense to stick to systainers IMO. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Eric. said:

I always forget to add the caveat (which should go without saying) that if you have a mobile shop like Shane's trailer, the Systainers become a huge convenience.  In a home shop they're nothing more than status symbols.  I have my trophies on the wall, too...I'm no better than anyone else.  But at least I'm realistic about it.

I totally agree with you. I have all of my systainers stacked in the loft of my barn where they are gathering lots of dust. I find them to be too cumbersome to use for tool storage

Why don't you just buy some empty systainers and use that for your dewalt tools? Another option is the Dewalt tough system but if you are already invested in the Systainers and travel with them, it would make more sense to stick to systainers IMO. 

I am tempted to do that Shane. Already have my Bosch 9 1/4 in one. Works a treat.

• Like 1