Tapering Jig... Make or Buy?

MisterDrow

I made this one a few days ago.  It took like ten minutes.  For real.  I tend to make a new one every time I need to make a new set of tapered legs because these quickies are not really adjustable...one day I'd like to build one that is so I don't have to keep making new ones.  But until I do...some scraps and some screws and a few minutes...done...

photo taper jig.jpg

• Like 2

I always thought I should build or buy one, but in practice I just draw the lines, cut near them with my bandsaw, then cleanup on the jointer. I'm sure if I measured them I'd see that they differ by maybe 1/16", but in practice you can't see a difference.

Edited by bglenden

6 hours ago, Eric. said:

I made this one a few days ago.  It took like ten minutes.  For real.  I tend to make a new one every time I need to make a new set of tapered legs because these quickies are not really adjustable...one day I'd like to build one that is so I don't have to keep making new ones.  But until I do...some scraps and some screws and a few minutes...done...

photo taper jig.jpg

Who has scraps of 3/4" walnut ply;)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/22/2016 at 1:05 AM, sjk said:

Tom might need your scraps to reinforce the toe kick when he builds his next vanity....

LOL Negative! I have 7/8 of a 4x8 Sheet of Walnut ply in my shop that I'm contemplating making a quick shop wall cabinet or shelves out of. 

Next vanity will be for my master bathroom, and most likely will be cherry ply.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...