Shaker Hall Table

lewisc

Thanks. I'm hoping to do one with a book matched top one day. I've just got to find a board wide and thick enough.

I followed the plans from this: http://www.finewoodworking.com/2012/05/31/shaker-inspired-hall-table - I had to do a few conversions from imperial to metric so it's not quite the same. 

The finish I generally use is Sam Maloofs. 1 part linseed oil, 1 part tung oil and 1 part satin polyurethane. Followed by beeswax melted though Tung and linseed oil. 

4 minutes ago, RichardA said:

Nicely done, I'm a fan of Shaker and Amish style of furniture.  Simple, clean,functional lines are to me the  best look in furniture design.

Me too! My wife isn't though :( She likes things to be 'rustic'. If it was up to her, it would be made of pallets!

3 minutes ago, lewisc said:

Thanks. I'm hoping to do one with a book matched top one day. I've just got to find a board wide and thick enough.

I followed the plans from this: http://www.finewoodworking.com/2012/05/31/shaker-inspired-hall-table - I had to do a few conversions from imperial to metric so it's not quite the same. 

The finish I generally use is Sam Maloofs. 1 part linseed oil, 1 part tung oil and 1 part satin polyurethane. Followed by beeswax melted though Tung and linseed oil. 

Me too! My wife isn't though :( She likes things to be 'rustic'. If it was up to her, it would be made of pallets!

Here's a couple I've done.  Red oak dresser, Ambrosia Maple and Walnut, and Sassfras and  Walnut.

DSC00887 (800x600).jpg

DSC01269.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichardA said:

I sold that one, and the buyer missed that grain completely.  She was only interested in the his and her drawers! Maybe one day she'll see it.

Its almost a sort of game with me in using continuous figure in places on a piece and waiting/wondering if the new owner will ever notice ;-)

A classic design beautifully executed.  I study Becksvoort's pieces for carcass construction methods and joinery solutions.  There's always something to learn from somebody.  Its extra nice that you used local materials.  Well done.