Incra I Box jig

videobug1

I did you a favor and removed your telephone number.  I can pretty much guarantee that even if Marc wasn't in the middle of a cross-country move at the moment, you still wouldn't get a phone call from him.  LOL

The iBox comes with a pretty comprehensive DVD...possibly the video Cochese posted above.  If that doesn't help you, nothing will, sorry to break it to ya.  It's not that complicated.  Put on your concentration helmet.

• Like 1

Yeah time is a little short these days. And Eric's right about the phone. I usually don't even call my family back. :)

The iBox jig can be a little finicky to set up. Like Eric says, it isn't hard. But that doesn't mean it isn't a little convoluted. There's a lot of steps. But between that video and the instructions the kit comes with, you should be able to get it close enough to dial in.

Cochise thanks for video

Marc thanks for the reply so did you move out of Temecula then you are no longer my neighbor if so best of luck for you and family really enjoy your videos.Watched Incra box joint videos and just thought with your expertise you could do one better Craig

36 minutes ago, thewoodwhisperer said:

There's a lot of steps.

I think this nails most folks problems with this thing.  I work in a field where the precise following of detailed procedures is a matter of course.  I'm no rocket-scientist but, 30 years of this may have given me an accidental edge.

Actively watch the video.  By that I mean really engage with the information they are trying to deliver.  Then follow the enclosed instructions dutifully and you'll be as right as rain.  A laissez faire approach to setup on this jig won't play; you will only get frustrated.

A forum member visited one time and brought her iBox along.  She watched me set it up and swore that was just what she did but, magically, it worked fine.  Unfortunately she would have to re-do it to fit her machines when she got back to her shop but, I haven't heard from her with any additional problems.

I think if you walk through it a couple times you will have that 'Eureka!' moment and all will be well.

• Like 1

I have an iBox jig.  It does take a few trail cuts to get it dialed in.  The set up does compensate for router bits that are not exactly. their stated size.  Using  it on a router works but the bit rotation does want to move the wood as it cuts.  It make no sense to me but the spiral bits seem to be worse at this than regular straight bits.  It does not help that the jig surface you clamp the wood against is so smooth - so for the router tighten the clamp down very well and cut slowly so each bite the bit takes does not try to hog out a lot of material.  

I have not used it on my table saw as I have a Sawstop and do not yet have the brake for a dado blade set.