Cross cut sled question

Chet

This last weekend I used my cross cut sled to cut a fair amount of 8/4 stock.  This morning I went to use my table saw with out the sled, turned on the dust collector and started my cut.  Right away I was getting dust spraying up from under the zero clearance plate and I knew something was clogged.  I cleaned out the 4 inch hose that runs from under the blade to the port where the dust collection is hooked up and that clear the problem.  This is the second time this has happened, both involved the use of the cross cut sled.  The sled is a new tool to my shop so I am wondering can this be a common occurrence when using the cross cut sled.  I haven't had any kind of dust collection problem at the table saw before these two situations.  If it is important to the conversation I have a SawStop cabinet saw.

Note to Mods - I didn't know if this belonged in Jigs & Fixtures, Power tool City or The Shop, feel free to move it.

I have the same saw, ZCI, and use my crosscut sled and have never seen this problem. The only difference is I don't have Kev visiting for weekends using mine...was it after he left each time? :D

Only thing I can think of is the sled isn't allowing enough air to allow good flow to keep dust moving under blade. 

• Like 1

The slot in the sled is as big as the slot in the ZCI.  That being said, I most often remove my ZCI when I use the sled (for no particular reason).

Some folks do go over the top in sealing their saw cabinet.  The return air has to come from somewhere and it shouldn't be a fight to get it.

• Like 1