Adapting the CT Mini

sheperd80

I may have the opportunity to get a Festool CT Mini for a great price soon. My concern is whether I'll be able to adapt it to non-Festool tools. Currently im using a small Ridgid vac for my handheld tools and between a handful of random adapters from other tools im able to hook everything up, but the connection is often weak and prone to slipping off.

I read elsewhere that Rocklers universal small port kit can be used with the Festool hose but no details were given on which hose, and how it was adapted. Not interested in using that stupid Rockler hose.

Any insight on getting good connections to a variety of tools with a Festool vac would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Lol, i shouldve expected that! Eventually id like to have a variety of Festool sanders. But ill probably always have "regular" jigsaws, chop saw, belt sander, tracksaw, routers, etc.

The lack of standardization in dust ports is infuriating. Even just within the Ridgid brand nothing adapts well to their smaller hose. I have a box full of adapters and cant connect anything without some level of jury-rigging.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back when I was doing this regularly, I was using a Bosch adapter VAC003 that connected to my Craftsman jigsaw and routers. The nice thing about the Festool hose adapter on the end is it has a rubber O-ring. Doesn't help with an adapter coming out of the tool, but at least you won't lose the adapter.

Chances though are high once you use one of the Festool CTs and a Festool tool, you'll want to start switching over completely. I resisted, I failed.

Permanently attaching a good adapter to each tool would work as well, even if it is just with some tape.

If you have bosch tools, the 27mm festool hose fits them all like a glove. I can go try and put the festool hose on my dewalt chopsaw in the garage to see if it fits. Never bothered much with dc on the dewalt. it lives in the garage and only makes open air cuts. 

Does your jigsaw even have a dust port? name some other tools you have, so we can collectively check. 

Thanks for all the input folks. I think it should all work out based on your replies.

Yes my jigsaw has a dustport. I bought the bosch oem adapter and it works ok... better than nothing.

Im looking forward to getting the mini, if i can just get this guy to commit to selling it to me! He has other festool vacs and never uses the mini but has a shane-esque case of green tool fever and is reluctant to part with it. :-)