iPad App for Woodwork Design?

JimReed

Please forgive the off-topic post but I just got a new iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil and I was looking for any good recommendations on drawing apps that might work well for woodworking design.  I have always struggled with SketchUp (sorry SU fans!) so 99% of the time, I end up sketching my designs the old-fashioned way with pencil and paper but I would really love to find some simple drawing app that might let me take one step closer to simple design nirvana.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim

Go to the App Store on your iPad.  In the search box type  Drafting and search.  There will be many displayed.  Along the top will be a way to select "iPad Only" do that as iPhone app are listed also.  Prices range from 29.95 to Free.  Be cautious of the free ones (they say Get ) as there often in app purchase needed for full function and so are not really free for most use. Also some, like AutoCAD 360 are for view flies from a computer based AutoCAD program.  You can also search for CAD which will give some the same and some different than a Drafting search.  From a very quick look at the list using Drafting gave a somewhat better list.  I have not used any of them as I am a sketchup user. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...