SGC shop intro

Steven Codling

Morning,  

As cliché as it sounds I’ve been a follower of the show for a while.

Sadly I wasn’t able to contribute in the past as my old shop was overrun with storage.  It’s so sad to see a shop fall to disuse and cluttered with boxes and no space to move and create sawdust.

Thankfully that has changed. I just moved to a new space and have claimed the detached two car garage as my building and renamed it my shop or the SGC shop.

I’m here in Chesapeake, Virginia and I have spent much of the last few months just moving into the shop. I’ve started to get my tools unpacked and sorted.  It was like a scavenger hunt and archeological dig all at the same time. 

This brings me out form the shadows and into the light mainly because this is total ground up build and getting into content creating (beyond some amateur gaming streams on twitch). May of my shop tools (the power tools) need some serious restoration and reconditioning.

I’m hoping to document the process and seek some advice from the forums. I’m event thinking of joining the guild when time allows.

Anything else?  Well my background is construction and some attempts a furniture building. Mostly simple stuff build from left over construction materials.

Feel free to ask and looking forward to the feedback (kickback) on my shop/project builds.

R/

Scuba

• Like 1