DIY sharpening system

Marmotjr

I've been free hand sharpening my tools for the past 6 months or so, and it's just killing them.  I got a decent grinder, cheap, but it's got acceptable stones, ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015U2STNM ).  But getting a commercial jig was just out of the budget.  Granted, it should have been one of the first things I bought/built, but I'm not normal. 
So after much research, I have built my own system.   I used my 3d printer to do a lot of the parts, but it could just as easily been done out of wood.  I posted the verigrind adaptation on thingiverse: 

On the thingiverse page, there's the plans and video I based my design on, if you're interested in making one yourself out of wood. 

If anybody is interested, I've included the plans for the base itself.  There's probably better designs, but it works for me. 

IMG_4324.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4326.jpg

grinder base1.jpg

grinder base2.jpg

grinder base3.jpg

endcap.jpg

Well, I'll add the video link, but it's not a forum. (I understand my post count my indicate troll!)  It's kinda like instagram for 3d printers, but unless you are interested in the .stl files for printing your own, there's not much else there that I haven't posted here. 

Here's the video, which includes a dropbox link to the plans: 

40 minutes ago, wtnhighlander said:

Ha! I was about to berate you for ripping off Marius Hornberger's design. Then I watched the video, and realized this is actually Marius' video....so I hope you are Marius! I've been a subscriber for some time, and really enjoy the material.

He ain't Marius, Ross. His jig is based on Marius jig, but CNC'ed. 

No, I;m not marius, but yes, I did base my design on his, and I do give him full credit for the design on the release page on thingiverse.  And I see that I completely failed to mention this was not my original idea in the OP.  whoops.   By why would you berate somebody for sharing a design that was already free to share?  And one that he himself ripped off the IP holder?  (I'm assuming there's an Ip associated with this design).

And to be a nit, it's not CNC, it's 3d printed.  CNC is reductive manufacturing, 3d printing is additive.