TIODS

OF/Work Table

320 posts in this topic

Interesting contraption.  Are you doing a tail vise too or just a leg vise?

4 minutes ago, Eric. said:

Interesting contraption.  Are you doing a tail vise too or just a leg vise?

Just a leg vise..  I was going to toss a twin screw on the end but, I have a couple other ideas on that end so, the twin screw is out.

This could be interesting!  Can't wait for the start.

1 person likes this

I like multi function workbenches. This is going to be an interesting project, twice if you get it on video.

1 person likes this

Definately in for this one. 

1 person likes this

I think you mentioned in the past of getting some holdfasts for this bench.  I used this setup to drill the dog holes in my bench.

Dog Hole Bushing and Bit

This looks awesome, Kev. I can't wait to see the videos. You will really up the project journal bar on wto by doing that.

What are all the slots all over the top?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Getting my popcorn ready for the video journal!!  Plus this concept really intrigues me. 

2 people like this

Oh this looks awesome!! Can't wait to watch it

Where are you filming the video? Great view there!

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, bushwacked said:

Oh this looks awesome!! Can't wait to watch it emoji106.png

Where are you filming the video? Great view there!

Thanks Drew..  It's in the Bay area near Oakland..  Pinole to be exact.

California?  liar!  is too green.  

Have you considered  using one corner as a downdraft Sanding area?  seems like it would be a pretty simple addition. 

4 minutes ago, Brendon_t said:

California?  liar!  is too green.  

Have you considered  using one corner as a downdraft Sanding area?  seems like it would be a pretty simple addition. 

It's CA I swear!  It had actually rained the day before I shot that video.  I've been here for 160 days and have seen rain one time.

No, I hadn't considered that to be honest.  It's certainly something to consider.

I feel it would be pretty simple to incorporate.  a few 6" wide maybe 1" deep  troughs with shop made or bought pegboard sitting flush with the surface.  could be a value add.

1 person likes this

Kev great video and explanation of the project.  Quick question, depending on the width won't the chop on the leg vise interfere with the storage cabinets? 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Woodenskye said:

Kev great video and explanation of the project.  Quick question, depending on the width won't the chop on the leg vise interfere with the storage cabinets? 

That potential is there..  The chop will be a bit more narrow to account for that.  As well, the cabinet will have a face frame and the drawers will be inset so, that will buy me some room as well.

Thanks!

Sweet. I'm liking the video format.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

Great video, Kev. This is super exciting to have the project journal in video ! Its nice to have videos on here from a member of the community and not just some youtube pimp finding the forum and using it as part of their marketing scheme. Thanks for taking the time to do this, Kev, i will following along every step of the way. 

2 people like this

Great job! Taking build video's to a whole new level! 

What will you be using for wood?

Regarding the down draft table suggestion above. I built one into my out feed table but since going to Festool sanders I have not used it. If I ever replace the out feed table it will be gone because I am sick of small parts (typically hardware) falling into it ;)

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, pkinneb said:

Great job! Taking build video's to a whole new level! 

What will you be using for wood?

Regarding the down draft table suggestion above. I built one into my out feed table but since going to Festool sanders I have not used it. If I ever replace the out feed table it will be gone because I am sick of small parts (typically hardware) falling into it ;)

Thanks!

Will mostly be maple with the exceptions of the cabinets which will be ply.

I'm having similar thoughts with the down draft idea.  Because I have the CT there as well as a CV drop and the fact that I use mostly FT stuff, I'm just not sure I'd really use a down draft table.  However, It is worth considering.

Good video Kev.  Looking forward to watching this come together.  Think you'll have it done before you hit the road again?

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Chet K said:

Good video Kev.  Looking forward to watching this come together.  Think you'll have it done before you hit the road again?

Going to be a real stretch!  15 days and there's a holiday in there..  I doubt it will be done but, should only be details left when I come home for Christmas I hope. 

35 minutes ago, TIODS said:

Going to be a real stretch!  15 days and there's a holiday in there..  I doubt it will be done but, should only be details left when I come home for Christmas I hope. 

Where are you going in December? back to SF?