TIODS

OF/Work Table

320 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, shaneymack said:

Really looks awesome, Kev !!

I was surprised to see you spray finish without a respirator. Did you just forget it on that coat?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

WB, no VOCs, and lazy..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job Kev.  That thing came out great.  You should get some good use out of it for sure.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cool video Kev. I really like the idea for the storage of your oscillating ds! I've borrowed your ideas before, now I'd like to borrow some of your shop space;)!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, K Cooper said:

Another cool video Kev. I really like the idea for the storage of your oscillating ds! I've borrowed your ideas before, now I'd like to borrow some of your shop space;)!

You're welcome anytime Coop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow Kev.! Somehow I missed an update and I just caught up. Your OF(and then some) table really came out great!

The video journey was really nice too. I like your quick-fade through the process sort of editing. There's a whole lot of knowledge condensed into your little 4 min. videos. Keep 'em coming. Please.:)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, davewyo said:

Wow Kev.! Somehow I missed an update and I just caught up. Your OF(and then some) table really came out great!

The video journey was really nice too. I like your quick-fade through the process sort of editing. There's a whole lot of knowledge condensed into your little 4 min. videos. Keep 'em coming. Please.:)

Thanks Dave, much appreciated!  I've got a couple more projects pretty much done to put out while I'm on the road.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video, and very cool out feed table!   I do have a question, do you think the appliance lift is stable enough for work?  I just copied, stole, borrowed your idea for a cabinet.  When I put my spindle sander on the lift it was shaky and didn't like the weight.  I took it apart and I am making drawers instead.  The sander weighs 52lbs, and the lift could barely handle the weight,  I was disappointed the lift did not work.  I am curious, do you think it is going to work for you?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Great video, and very cool out feed table!   I do have a question, do you think the appliance lift is stable enough for work?  I just copied, stole, borrowed your idea for a cabinet.  When I put my spindle sander on the lift it was shaky and didn't like the weight.  I took it apart and I am making drawers instead.  The sander weighs 52lbs, and the lift could barely handle the weight,  I was disappointed the lift did not work.  I am curious, do you think it is going to work for you?

I've worked off of it a bit since I put it in without any issues.  The lift is rated at about 60 pounds.  They also make a soft close version and that might boost the weight capacity a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TIODS said:

I've worked off of it a bit since I put it in without any issues.  The lift is rated at about 60 pounds.  They also make a soft close version and that might boost the weight capacity a bit?

I tried my Tormek  on them too, and it was same problem.  I might be paranoid but they just didn't seem strong/stable enough.  Oh well, I will figure out something or just convince my wife I bought them for her mixer.....

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine it depends on how big of a stick you are trying to use on the sander... Little parts are probably fine, but once the wood weighs 10 pounds or more it seems dicy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JosephThomas said:

 

I would imagine it depends on how big of a stick you are trying to use on the sander... Little parts are probably fine, but once the wood weighs 10 pounds or more it seems dicy.

 

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ultimately, that's why the planer didn't end up there.  It held just fine but, I wouldn't have felt too comfortable with a large chunk of lumber on it.  The spindle sander doesn't seem to be an issue tho.  I considered putting the Tormek on it like Bob mentioned but, I use that more for the lathe tools so wanted it closer to the lathe.  I didn't see the weight as an issue.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I like the intro there! How many hours of sanding did you have to put in to get this wrapped up?

Looks amazing though! When we will get to see the planer stand hooked up to the table to see how that goes?

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bushwacked said:

haha I like the intro there! How many hours of sanding did you have to put in to get this wrapped up?

Looks amazing though! When we will get to see the planer stand hooked up to the table to see how that goes?

I did a lot of the sanding as I went but, there was quite a bit of sanding to do to the top because I'd been working off of it. 

I've got the planer cart videos pretty much ready to go so, will probably release those next.  I think there's 3 in that build.  I have used the planer cart at the table and it really works well!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kev, clearly you made the Rev-A Shelf work for you but did you keep looking for others to see if there was one that could take more weight? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TIODS said:

I did a lot of the sanding as I went but, there was quite a bit of sanding to do to the top because I'd been working off of it. 

I've got the planer cart videos pretty much ready to go so, will probably release those next.  I think there's 3 in that build.  I have used the planer cart at the table and it really works well!

Oh awesome! Cant wait to see this because that is an awesome idea hooking it into the OF table! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CandorLush said:

Kev, clearly you made the Rev-A Shelf work for you but did you keep looking for others to see if there was one that could take more weight? 

Nope..  To be honest, I just didn't have time because of my work schedule.  In the end, it all worked out well.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is some nice work Kev.  Is the floor in the shop good and solid I hope.;)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mat60 said:

That is some nice work Kev.  Is the floor in the shop good and solid I hope.;)

Thanks Mat..  5" of concrete..

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That outfeed table is awesome Kev! I take it your next tool purchase isn't a new table saw...

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, estesbubba said:

That outfeed table is awesome Kev! I take it your next tool purchase isn't a new table saw...

No..  That saw is only a couple years old and I really like it.  Fortunately, most saws are pretty close to the same height anyway.  Plus, I can lift that table a bit with the levelers if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now