1/4" Walnut Plywood

Coop

Did I get screwed or am I just stupid? Probably the later! I'm building the guild's Barrister's Bookcase and went today to get the walnut ply, one each of the 3/4" and 1/4". I helped them load the chunks of gold and saw that the 1/4" was only walnut on one side. Thinking that it was used for the false bottom and one side was fine, I didn't say anything. The 3/4" was walnut veneered on both sides. So, I come back home and watch Marc's video again and see that the 1/4" is also used on the back of the bookcase and this stuff will look like crap and I've already broken it down into 3 pieces and I paid $36 for it. Could this be a flaw and I should call the supplier or is this common for 1/4" ply?

image.jpg

My build is coming along rather slowly as I am milling my lumber from cherry and walnut planks that have been drying for 3 and 2 years. From stripping the bark off to hand planeing them flat enough to run thru the planer. Other than that, and there being a billion parts to this thing, it's going pretty good, thanks to Marc's guild videos and Chet's Guild Build, Barrister Bookcase - Finished, which I've read thru way more than once!

• Like 2