Fein Turbo I Vacuum

Tom Cancelleri

I'm contemplating buying a Fein Turbo I vacuum for use with my Kapex and with my CNC. I have a CT48 that I use with all my other Festool stuff, but changing hoses for other things isn't something I wanna do that much. 

Does anyone know if the Fein will run for an hour or so straight and not die prematurely possibly every so often if I were doing a big cut operation on the CNC?

I would think any vac running for 1 hour will have issues or will significantly shorten its life.  Maybe you should buy a normal shop vac and test it out to see if it will keep up with the CNC and constant run time.  If it does, I am sure the Fein will be better, then you can dedicate the shop vac to the Kapex, like Eric mentioned.  You may want to get the dust deputy to go with or else you may clog filters during the hour run.

I had a big Fein vac with a Hepa filter and a dust deputy on it that I used for years on my drum sander, sometimes for several hours at a time.

Those Fein vacs are quiet because the entire motor is surrounded in foam. This collects lots of dust. Every so often I would take it apart and blow out all the dust. I damaged the little cooling fan on the motor which led to its demise .  

I have a small Fein vac that is12-15 years old and going strong. Great machine !

11 minutes ago, JosephThomas said:

I have read online that the new Fein vacs are garbage, inline the old ones...Google for reviews at a few different places

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Garbage could be a strong word but, they are definitely an example of stripping away all the good features, farming the manufacturing to somewhere else and charging the same old price ;-)  At the risk of laziness I will paste in a quote from my brother who has very non-emotional opinions about his tools:

"The current Fein Vacs have almost nothing to do with the ones people are saying work great. I WAS a big Fein fan and have 3. One is basically a quiet vac made about 25 years ago. It doesn't have a place to plug a tool in that will turn the vacuum on. It also doesn't have variable suction. The other two are a Turbo II HEPA and a Turbo III made a few years ago. I really like them for the price I paid but my Festool Vac is clearly a better vacuum in most ways. Possibly worth the extra money depending on your needs.

The current ones with the same names are not similar. Not even made by the same company or even in the same country. They are certainly not made in Germany but are made in some East Europe factory that makes vacuums for other companies. No variable suction. I'm not really sure why anyone would buy one and neither is the local Fein dealer who dropped them completely"

HTH

• Like 1

Garbage could be a strong word but, they are definitely an example of stripping away all the good features, farming the manufacturing to somewhere else and charging the same old price ;-)  At the risk of laziness I will paste in a quote from my brother who has very non-emotional opinions about his tools:

"The current Fein Vacs have almost nothing to do with the ones people are saying work great. I WAS a big Fein fan and have 3. One is basically a quiet vac made about 25 years ago. It doesn't have a place to plug a tool in that will turn the vacuum on. It also doesn't have variable suction. The other two are a Turbo II HEPA and a Turbo III made a few years ago. I really like them for the price I paid but my Festool Vac is clearly a better vacuum in most ways. Possibly worth the extra money depending on your needs.

The current ones with the same names are not similar. Not even made by the same company or even in the same country. They are certainly not made in Germany but are made in some East Europe factory that makes vacuums for other companies. No variable suction. I'm not really sure why anyone would buy one and neither is the local Fein dealer who dropped them completely"

HTH

Great review. You're right I was over generalizing bc I was being lazy and it's the Monday after a holiday :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk