Question on Joinery Used

bushwacked

So for this one ... I have been looking but I am not sure on how they connected the top and the legs...

I was thinking for the legs they look like they possibly have a dado to receive just a little of each of that shelves then the seat I would assume figure 8 connectors or something a long those lines? I cant tell if the only have supports going leg to leg on each end or if they also ran something lengthwise as well. If they only ran supports on each end, would figure 8s still work? Or is there something better?

2ptnyok.jpg

For this one ... The support bar would be connected through dowels/biscuit/domino maybe? Then the seat installed with a blind mortise/tenon .. is that a thing? 

5mfebo.jpg

For the first one I would put a screw in the center of the top crossbar at each end and slot the screws closer to the legs.

On the second one I would use dowels and dowel center markers to locate the matching holes. ( both for the crossbar and seat to leg ) Use a jig or drill press of some sort to make sure the holes are straight. Way to tough to get a domino mortice aligned without decent reference edges.