Subscribe to this

shaneymack

Glad they brought these videos back.  He had picked up some flak about the gloves and some jointer incident and I couldn't find the videos for awhile.  I see they are back with a caution/safety warning at the start.  He shows the range of techniques available if you do not allow yourself to get pigeon-holed or too opinionated; hand tools and biscuits, tablesaws and japanese planes.  Great stuff.

Very cool video.  I liked how he left the Dutchmans proud, I have not seen that before.

But on a special note to Shane, You praise this gentleman and rightly so but you poked fun at my biscuit joints in my Barrister Bookcase journal. 

Lol. If I recall correctly, i was making fun of your bisuit joiner that you bought when dinosaurs roamed the earth. Not that you were actually using a biscuit joiner. Guess i gotta be more clear when making fun of people ! Hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C Shaffer said:

I think I started the jointer incident speculation in error. His videos camd into being around the time a jointer incident was posted on another account. I think that fueled the fire but was not directly related. I also am glad this is back. 

Shame on me for repeating rumored info.  Guilty of one of my own peeves. :mellow:

I will desist.

Don't let 'em give you too much grief Chet ;-)

biscuit vs domino.JPG

I have seen tests since this article showing the domino nearly twice as strong as a biscuit.  Welcome to the world of subjective testing.

Hah ! Now thats funny. I think number #4 rated joint in that test was a dorito joint with some melted cheddar cheese for adhesive. Really strong.......

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1