Dado walls/shoulder clean up

Al Capwn

Alright, so the router plane does a swanky job of dialing in the depth of a dado, but what about adjusting the sides of a dado? Besides using a chisel, are there any other tools for finessing the walls of a dado? Or is the alternative only to finesse the material going into said dado? What if your dado walls are slightly off or crooked/wavy, how do you address your dado walls?

• 2 weeks later...

I spent half an hour last night trying to use the new planes to no avail. I was able to take nice shavings from the edges of a piece, but when using it inside dadoes, it would take no shavings at all, hardly any dust. So I tried advancing the blade and all I got was a scratch on the bottom of the groove. Also the blade stepped back sooner or later no matter how hard I tightened the retaining knob.

i guess I will have to spend more time trying to figure out how to use it properly. Will try it on grooves too. I searched Youtube for guidance to no avail.