Bubinga Lowbacks

shaneymack

These are gonna be awesome.  I can't imagine bubinga will be easy to carve though!  

Ya im sure it will be tough but im equipped for the job. Apparently bubinga is going to get harder to come by so I wanted to have a few nice pieces made out of it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Two auriou rasps, holey galahad med and fine, angle grinder, bunch of scrapers,  die grinder and burrs ooh and a new planer . .... May have been north of a grand. .

New planer? What you get? Let me guess, 735...

1 minute ago, Brendon_t said:

If you have 2 1/8 after skip planing that was some thick 8/4 to start with huh?  when I get rough 8/4, it's usually a skinny 9/4 to start

Funny you should say this.  I brought this up to the lumber guy the other day.  I am noticing that the 4/4 at my yard is getting thinner.  Used to be 1/8" oversized, now some is under 1/16th oversised.  I hope its not a trend.

4 minutes ago, Pug said:

Funny you should say this.  I brought this up to the lumber guy the other day.  I am noticing that the 4/4 at my yard is getting thinner.  Used to be 1/8" oversized, now some is under 1/16th oversised.  I hope its not a trend.

I'm not sure if it's new,  8/4 has been a bitv thin at my yards all long as I can remember

Oh wow! 8/4 bubinga?? Hopefully your BF pricing is way cheaper than mine lol

Why is bubinga going to be harder to come by now?

I think it was around 15$ a bd ft maybe a bit cheaper, cant remember.

Apparently the Chinese are depleting Africa of all its bubinga. That what ive been told. Death by China.

Too bad you don't have a huge trailer to put them. 

Haha! Well im constantly bringing some stuff in and out from the trailer to the shop. So some ends up staying by the garage floor. Im slowly buying seconds of a lot of stuff so i dont have to do that.