Oh, look, a tree.

Denette

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 8.53.15 PM.jpg

Yep, that there's a tree, that is.

My brother (pictured) ran across 10 trees about this big when he went duck hunting 8 miles up a river in Arkansas earlier today.  What species do you guys think it looks like?  To my eyes it looks like the base of a cypress tree, but at the scale this tree is at I'm a little lost on identification.  The ground cover/tree droppings may provide more clues, too.  Cypress tends to grow near water where I'm at.  Anyone got a wild guess on how old this tree might be if it is cypress?  My brother's not a small guy, and the tree is easily 5 times as wide as he is, judging by the picture.

Yeah, I'm looking at some data on it now!  Definitely looks like bald cypress.  Evidently if I can find the tree growth factor, and if I can use my brother as a measuring stick to determine the diameter of the tree, then I can get an estimate of the tree's age...

This thing is probably the least intrusive thing he has built in his video series.  IIRC, they include a working hoverbike (very loud), a 3 story tall 360 swing (fan powered at one time I believe), a bunker under his backyard (the same yard the ATACT is standing on), multiple multi story fire work structures, etc.   He has a severe lack of safety practices in his videos, but the builds are amazing, especially the later ones. 

• Like 1